Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Machine Quilting and Birthdays...

 Yesterday I quilted this huge customer quilt!  I didn't even get it all in the photo but it measures something like 104x104.  This was her first quilt and she completely hand pieced it.  It is backed with a very soft purple flannel. 
 I quilted it with a loose design called Happy Times, because it had some fullness.  In the end, it quilted up really nicely without any puckers or pleats.  

I'm not sure of the fabric line but she used charm packs and they are such pretty fabrics....greens and purples. 
 Today I will cut and start sewing the binding on this big baby.  :)  Hope to have the binding done so that I can deliver this quilt on Thursday.  

Today is Richard's 46th birthday!!!!  I thank the Lord everyday for Blessing me with such a wonderful husband and father to our children.  He is working today.  :( 

3 comments:

---"Love" said...

I can't imagine hand piecing such a large quilt, but it appears she did a very good job, particularly for her first project! Your quilting is quite pretty too. ---"Love"

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday to Richard, hope you get some time to celebrate! Lovely quilting.

Janet O. said...

I love green and purple together. This looks soft and cozy.
Can't believe she pieced this by hand--Wow!
Happy birthday to Richard!