Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Quilts, Tornadoes, and Missing Dog...

 Another customer quilt off the frame. This is a special quilt because when I picked it up and we unfolded it, you could see how special it was in the owners eyes. They gleamed with pride as she told me the story behind it. Her precious mom hand pieced it and she said that she recognized many of the fabrics as they came from the dusters that her mom wore. I love quilts like this. Today I will sew the binding on and then deliver it tomorrow....hopefully.  :)
 This is the back...
 The weather has been crazy!  We had a tornado touch down in town.  It did a lot of damage to our Walmart and several homes and other businesses.  From what I gather there were only minor injuries...thank the Lord.  This pic is the Walmart parking lot.
 We are so sad right now...our beloved boxer, Leo is missing!  We got him several years ago from a kill shelter and he is just an amazing dog.  He was so poor when we got him, I just felt sorry for him. 
 Yesterday evening we let him out to use the bathroom and he ran off...I guess.  He's never been gone this long.  Hunter is pretty upset and worried.  A few hours before he went missing we had an old stray coonhound that showed up and killed one of my chickens so I'm wondering if he might have ran off with that dog or something.  I posted on FB that he was missing along with his photo.  As soon as they open this morning I am going to call the local Humane Society so they can also be on the lookout for him.  So I ended up losing a dog and a chicken yesterday.  :( 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your dog is found I love boxer's. I hadn't heard of the tornado - but then the news isn't covering much other then the dreaded politics lately
love the quilt - sometimes the simplest quilts are the best.

Janet O. said...

That is a sweet story behind that quilt, Kristie.
Wow, that is lucky that there were no serious injuries with the tornado--looks like it packed a punch!
Hope you find your dog. So hard to have furry family members go missing.

---"Love" said...

Certainly that is a very special quilt! I have one my mother made that has fabrics from dresses she and my grandmother wore, and also fabrics from robes Mother made for me and my sister. I love to look at the kittens playing with yarn balls from my robe fabric. Hope your dog finds his way home soon; he is avery handsome dog and much loved I'm sure! Sorry your town was hit by a tornado; hope your place didn't have damage. ---"Love"

ruthsplace said...

I hope your dog comes home safe and sound. So thankful that you were safe from the tornado.

Ranch Wife said...

It's hard to beat a good nine-patch quilt and I always love the stories behind every quilt - thank you for sharing your customer's.
I'm glad everyone stayed safe during the tornado.
I also hope you found Leo. It's always hard to lose a furry member of the family.