Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Family Vacation to Virginia Beach

 We spent a few days at Virginia Beach!  It was very nice and we all had a blast.  It's amazing what a few days away can do for a person. 
 It was so nice to have the boys with us.  We left in the middle of the night on Thursday and got back home late Sunday evening. 
 King Neptune...
 They boys enjoying some pizza!  BTW...I have no clue what that reflection is on Andrew's head.  LOL!
 Cape Henry Lighthouse....
 Swannanoa Palace...
 We toured this on the way back home.
Just a short overview of our trip.  It had been 20 years since I had been to the ocean and Hunter had never been at all.  We had a wonderful time but I am still a little tired.  Funny thing...I forgot and took one of my lasix before we started home.  LOL!  Let's just say we had to stop a lot.  Never take a fluid pill when you are on a long trip.  :)

I'll post more tomorrow.  I also found a quilt shop at Virginia Beach and I stopped by and snapped a few pics.  I'll post all about that tomorrow.  

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like so much fun. Vacations are great family bonding times--so glad you were able to do this. What did Hunter think of the ocean? Every time I see any ocean I am awed by how vast it is and how small I am! : )

Deb A said...

I'm guessing his sunglasses? Looks like you all had a great time. Such a beautiful family you have.