Tuesday, January 16, 2018

3 Memory Cross Quilts and 9 Memory Pillows...

 This morning I thought I would show you a few quilts that I pieced and quilted for a lady before Christmas. 
 Her husband had passed away and she asked me to make 3 of these Cross Memory Quilts from his shirts for her and their 2 sons for Christmas. 
 Here is a pic of the 2nd one.  Somehow I didn't get a pic of the 3rd one but it looks just like these two. 
 Here is a photo of the back of them.  All 3 of them were quilted with this same design.  The panto is called, Spindle.  I love the texture that it gives.  I'll be honest when I quilted the first one I thought I might have been a mistake because all that I saw was spiderwebs.  LOL!  When she picked up the first quilt and unfolded it, she said, "oh it looks like Angel wings"  Now I still don't see Angel wings but that is what she saw....so I quilted the other 2 the same way.  :)
 She also requested that I make 9 of these memory pillows for their grandchildren.  She had picked out 9 shirts and attached a photo of him with each grandchild to each shirt.  So I had to make sure that I kept these with each shirt so that I didn't get them mixed up.  She said that she wanted me to see who I was making these for.  So precious. 
 She was so very pleased with them all.  This was very emotional for them all.  I graduated with her oldest son so I did know of this family.  In the end, she and I have become really good friends.  Just a few days ago she sent me another message talking about how pleased she was with them all.  That makes it all worth it for me when I see the emotions and somehow I think these quilts and pillow give them a little more comfort.  

I didn't really have a photo to post this morning so I thought I would post these quilts.  I didn't really have time to before Christmas.  

I did get that HUGE t-shirt quilt quilted yesterday.  I kept putting it off because I dreaded it so bad.  I bit the bullet and got it finished!!!!  I feels great to have that behind me now.  I'll take some photos of it once I take it off the longarm.  I finished it up yesterday evening and I still have it on the longarm.  

No school for Hunter again today.  Some of the backroads still have snow/ice on them.  We are also supposed to get more snow today so he probably will not have school the rest of the week.  It is a Google Classroom day so he will have assignments online.  

It is supposed to get down near zero and windchills around -10 so I really dread that.  :( 

9 comments:

Donna said...

Those memory quilts are amazing!!!! I can see why she would get choked up!!! Is this your pattern or did you buy it? You should be very proud of your work but also that you brought so much happiness to this family!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those pillows are kind of neat. The quilts too but it was the pillows that grabbed me :) so nice that she was really pleased with the and lets you know. the ice and snow missed us- just plain cold here!

Panto Pam said...

Oh, Kristie, those quilts are wonderful! The pillows are also! I know each one of them will cherish them forever!

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful way to memorialize a loved one. You did a fantastic job on the quilting and with the pillows. That little poem warmed my heart.
BTW, it's 25 degrees here with a wind chill making it about 10 degrees.......Buurrrrrrrrr!!!

Janet O. said...

I commend you for getting the t-shirt quilt done. Now you can come finish mine. LOL
Great job on the memory quilts and pillows! Such treasures!

---"Love" said...

What amazing tributes and treasures those quilts and pillows are for your friend's family! I've never seen pillows like those before. As usual, you did a great job on all of them! ---"Love"

Tammy said...

You do amazing work! Beautiful!

Gretchen Weaver said...

What lovely memories you made for your customer and her family and a lovely memory for you too. How wonderful you got that t-shirt quilt quilted and off the frame. That has to be a big relief! Isn't it nice that children now days can do make up work on line?

Vesuviusmama said...

I love those cross memory quilts!