Monday, January 8, 2018

Green Apple Stars...

 As you can see I have started a new quilt!  LOL!  You know me....I just bounce around but in my defense I have been good for the past few weeks about finishing some quilt tops....well...maybe not borders...
 The lighting is not that good in the pics but they are more of a brighter apple green.  Not at all my usual colors but sometimes a change is nice.  

I was looking through my tubs of fat quarters and opened this one.  I thought...hmmm...those would make a pretty quilt.  So I decided on a simple pattern. 
 So I cut out a bunch of 8" stars...
 I used the die that came with my Accuquilt GO!  My plan is to piece all of the blocks that I have cut and alternate them with a solid white block and then add a green border from one of the fabrics that I used in the stars. 
 I also played around with this Churn Dash block.  The Churn Dash is one of my all-time favorite blocks.  I saw a quilt on this wonderful blog http://gretchenslittlecorner.blogspot.com/2017/07/churn-dash-is-finished.html 
 Her quilt is beautiful!!!  I fell in love with it when I saw it.  Now....as much as I love that border, I know me...and I know that by the time that I get to that part I will be ready to do something simple and finish it up.   LOL!  I also want to rework the size of my Churn Dash.  This one measures 9" and I want to make sure that it is the size that I want to use before I get started.  This is not something that I plan on doing right now but a future project.  I have a bolt of blue that I want to use for it but it's not the blue in this block.  My quilt will not be exactly like hers but her beautiful quilt is my inspiration.  :)  

 I also worked on more string blocks.  I think I am now up to 65.  I ended up piecing 9 of them. 
 She has grown a little more.  :) 
 So far I am pleased with it. 
 We are getting some bad weather right now....ICE!  I hate ice!  I'm hoping that it is all cleared by the time that I have to take Hunter to his orthodontist appointment later this afternoon.  After today the weather is supposed to warm up a little compared to what it has been.  Lots of rain but a little warmer.  :)  

At some point today I need to take a break from sewing and do a little cleaning.  :)  My house is starting to show signs of neglect.  LOL!  All 4 of us have been home all weekend and the house is messy. 

1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The green star quilt is going to be so springy looking and you are really on a roll with the strings. Yes, make the churn dash quilt your way. That will be great and I look forward to seeing what you do with your blocks. Safe travels to and from the orthodontist.