Monday, January 15, 2018

I got so much done!!!!

 Yesterday was the most productive day that I've had in a very long time!  I got oodles done!!!   Do you remember the string strips that I pieced a few weeks ago?  Well...they are now a completed quilt top. 
 I cut all of the purple and sewed it all together.  This quilt measures 54x74 so it's not a bad size. 
 The binding is cut and ready to go on after quilting.  I also found the perfect purple Glide thread to quilt her with.  :)
 This is actually the first quilt that I worked on for the day.  I loaded this jean quilt top on the longarm at around 5:45am.  :)  This quilt is pieced with jean shirt fabric.  Years ago I found some jean shirt sleeves at a thrift store that were from a shirt factory.  I bought them, cut them up and sewed them together.  I bet this quilt top has been laying around waiting to be quilted for 15 years.   It measures 64x64.
 I backed it with this blue plaid flannel that I've had for a very long time too.  I quilted it with a blue Glide thread. 
 Last but not least...I got the borders sewn on to my Churn Dash. 
 Now that the borders are on this one, it measures 70x82. 
 So in the end....I got one quilted and two ready to be quilted!!!!

I am very pleased with all that I got done yesterday!!!  It felt really good but in the back of my mind I kept thinking of the HUGE t-shirt quilt that I needed to load on the longarm.  :(  That did not get done.  :(  

I don't drive in the snow let alone ice and since Richard had to work and couldn't drive me, Hunter and I didn't go to Church yesterday.  :(  I so enjoy going but I decided to just hibernate.  Our water froze so I didn't have water until late last night after Richard got home.  

Richard is off today so I probably will not get as much done today.  LOL!  I love him to death but it seems like I don't accomplish anything when he is home.  :) 




5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorry your water froze - do you have a well and it froze from the well to the house? If the temp is going to be in the teens or lower I let the water faucets drip at night when I know it will be hours of no use and daytimes I make sure to go around turning each faucet on and off every so often.
Nice to have time to do some of your own quilts I bet.

Panto Pam said...

Glad you had a ME day. I find that always helps me recharge my batteries! I don't get much done when my hubby is home either. I know summer will be here before I know it and he will be on the lake and I'll have more sewing time then.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Love your choice of purple for the string quilt. Just gorgeous. Hope your pipes are all ok and not freezing. stay warm.
mary in Az

Janet O. said...

What a wonderful day you had! We need days like that now and then, don't we?
Hope you guys warm up soon. We are unseasonably warm here. We should be sub freezing, but we are in the 40s each day--may hit 50 by Thursday. So weird.

---"Love" said...

That string quilt is really pretty, and probably went together fairly easily. Your blue quilt is very nice too, but my favorite is still that churn dash. Every time I see it, I see something different I hadn't noticed before. Nice! ---"Love"