Sunday, January 28, 2018

Off the longarm...

 The lighting wasn't good when I snapped this pic but it's the best that I could do at the time.  The quilt is much brighter.
 This is the custoerm quilt that I quilted last week.  It's a king size. 
 I quilted it with the "loopy hearts" panto.  I thought it suited the bright fun colors. 
 I got a roll of Hobb's 80/20 batting in yesterday with plans to get started on some of my own quilt tops.  Those will be coming up soon.  I think the first one of mine that I quilt will be my "thousands of bow ties"  It is one of my favorites and I have waited a very long time to quilt it.  I have 35 more of my quilt tops to quilt but I don't have backings for all of them.  I do have some backings just not 35 of them.  LOL!  

Richard had to work today and the boys and I will be heading to a funeral this morning.  As I mentioned a few days ago that we lost our eldest deacon at Church, he was 96.  I've known this man my whole life and he was such a great man.  We will not be having a Church service this morning because we are having the funeral instead at our church.  

After we get back from the funeral I am loading a customer quilt on the longarm.  It is a hand pieced grandmother's flower garden that is pieced out of clothing.  She made it as a memory quilt for someone.  I believe it is a full and she just wants a large stipple done on it so that will not take very long at all.  

I'm thinking that I will try to get my bow tie top loaded on the longarm Monday or Tuesday.  It will probably be Tuesday because I have other things that I need to get done like clean the house.  LOL!  :)  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you certainly do stay busy with your longarm business! I'm glad though that you are making time for some of your own. Sad that you lost the deacon of your church but sounds like he had a good long life and that is always a plus