Monday, January 22, 2018

On the longarm...

 I got some quilting done yesterday after church.  I loaded this customer quilt on the frame. 
 This wonderful lady brought me 6 king size tops to quilt for her.  I've quilted for her before and she does a wonderful job piecing so it makes my job much easier.  
 I am quilting it with the "loopy hearts" panto.  It's a fun design to quilt. 
 I also got the binding sewn on the jean quilt this weekend.  I did that while we watched a movie.  I'm glad it is finished. 
 I will be taking the customer quilt off the longarm this morning so I will get a better pic of it.  Not sure how much sewing that I will get done today as I have a lot of stuff to get done.  

If you have read my blog for any length of time you know that I love and collect Jim Shore.  My mom bought this Jim Shore Angel for me from one of our local thrift store auctions.  I love it!!!  
 Look at the back of it!!!!  Oh my!  I would love to make a quilt like that.  Maybe I will put it on my list to make someday...
 Hunter finally went back to school today.  :(  I know he needs to go back but I love having my boys home with me.  He's been off school because of all of the snow.  If I counted correctly he has been to school 2 days since before Christmas.  It's either been too cold or we've had snow.  It's been crazy!!!

I guess that's all for this morning...I have a lot to do today!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is a good thing they build extra days in their school schedule for your area as that is a lot of time missed.

Janet O. said...

Did you bind an entire quilt by hand watching ONE movie, or did I misunderstand? It would take me about 4 movies--if I went fast!!
That is a beautiful angel.
Does Hunter generally only end up with about 2 months of summer vacation, due to all the "snow days"?