Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Sewing and Sorting...

 I added one more Green Apple Star yesterday.  I need to take a pic of these in better lighting because they are brighter than this. 
 I hope you are not tired of looking at these string blocks yet.  LOL!  I am trying to get it pieced and moved out.  :)  I was able to get 7 more blocks and that brings my total to 72.  Not sure how many that I want yet but I just know that I want it larger than this.  LOL!
 I have been digging through my string tub to make sure I have a good variety.  I decided to sort out a few so my tub really isn't this empty.  :)
 So far I have this pile which is crumbs and itty bitty strings that I can't use in this project. 
 A pile of neutrals that I am not using in this quilt but I will save for something else. 
 A pile of long strings that I will be using.
 Another pile of long to medium strings on my sewing table that I will also be using.
 As you can see....I have a MESS!  I really need to get this quilt finished so that I can get this corner cleaned back up. 
 So this is all getting really crazy!  No school for Hunter again yesterday and I had to reschedule Hunter's orthodontist appointment for today.  We had an ICE storm that came through yesterday so his school was canceled and there were accidents everywhere so I rescheduled.  After the ice came through it rained all evening and that froze overnight so I'm thinking that they will probably cancel school for today as well.  Last night they had it on a 2-hour delay.  

Yesterday when I called the orthodontist office to let them know that I would not be there because of the ice.  She asked me when he had his surgery and I told her Dec 27.  She said, "we really need to see them 5-7 days after surgery to hook everything up."  I said, "well...first off you all scheduled his appointment 8 days after his surgery and then called me and canceled it."  Which was actually last Thursday and they rescheduled it for yesterday.  Then I had to reschedule for tomorrow because of the weather.  She said, "well I certainly hope that it hasn't healed up over that bracket because then he will have to have it redone."  :(  GRRR....I am so aggravated.  :(  The conversation went on and needless to say that I was not happy.  I told Hunter about it all and he said, "calm down mom, it's okay...I'll just do what I have to do"  :(  Poor boy...I sure don't want him to have to have anything else done.  After I calmed down a little I called the oral surgeon office explained it all to them and she said that if it had healed too much that they wouldn't have to redo the whole thing and that they would just have to split the gum there at the bracket.  Sooooo.....his appointment is later this afternoon, I will let you know how it all goes.....

3 comments:

---"Love" said...

Dental work like that is no fun at all, even without weather delays! Hope all goes well. I'm loving that scrap string quilt more and more! ---"Love"

Rhonda said...

Your sewing room looks very familiar....hehehehehehe....but I think mine is piled a little higher....sigh.
Hope the weather clears enough for you & son to get things done.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The string quilt is looking so nice. Sorry about the frustration with the orthodontist office.