Sunday, January 7, 2018

It's G-R-O-W-I-N-G!!!!


 It's growing!!!!  Yesterday I pieced 21 blocks!!!!  That brings me to a total of 56!
 I am really enjoying working on these blocks.  I'm sure you are already tired of seeing them.  Don't worry I hope to have this finished soon.  :) 
 As I am pulling these out of the tub I am also sorting out some "crumbs"  The crumbs are too small to fit in these blocks and they are really tiny.  I had forgot that I those mixed in.  So I am sorting those out as I go and who knows maybe someday I will do a itty bitty crumb quilt.  

Anyway...I am loving all of the colors in this quilt.
 I may peel the papers off of the blocks in a day or two.  I usually do this while watching tv with the family. 
I know I keep putting off sewing those borders on the other two quilts but I hate doing that.  LOL!  I need to just do it and be done with it.  I also need to load a HUGE customer quilt on the longarm and I am dreading it too.  You will understand once you see it.  For one...it is HUGE!  When I say HUGE, I mean HUGE!  LOL!  It is a T-shirt quilt that measures 108x123!!!!  Good thing that my longarm is 14 ft long!!!!!  This will be my largest quilt yet...mine or a customers.  

While sewing on my string blocks I have been pondering what I want to work on in the near future.  I have so many running around in my mind and I just need to pick one.  The last two that I finished and this string quilt is all very scrappy so I'm thinking that soon I would like to work on something a little more controlled....maybe. 
 

 It has been so cold here and I don't like it.  LOL!  I know that everyone is having colder temps.  I am so stiff and achy.  I am also having some ear issues.  :(  I figure I have a little inner ear infection because my balance is a little off.  I'm hoping that goes away soon.  

Hunter's rescheduled ortho appointment is Monday at 2:20pm.  I don't like that it is that late in the day because as I mentioned before it is almost a 2-hour drive but that is all that they had available.  I figure they will be going back to school on Monday as they haven't been since before Christmas.  I will just pick him up early and head that way. 

5 comments:

Sherrill said...

I LOVE seeing the string blocks..so pretty and colorful!! Your progress is going quickly and soon it will be a quilt. String blocks (especially with every color) are always so pretty.

marie said...

I know how you feel about putting on the borders. I put it off and put it off then after I do them I wonder why I put it off because they were so easy, lol. I love your string blocks, other people’s scraps always look so nice! P.S. I’m glad you are blogging again, I don’t comment much but I like reading about what you are doing.

The Civil War Quilter said...

Scrappy and scrumptious!

Joanne said...

I love these blocks -- so colorful and bright.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm enjoying seeing the string blocks. I keep imagine the satisfaction you must feel making something from the scrap tub. You probably haven't made much of a dent yet. Keep on stripping and you'll get there. Too bad you have to take Hunter out of school the first day back.