Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Churn Dash

 Most of the day yesterday I watched my little 2 yr old niece, Addison.  Boy does she have a lot of energy.  LOL!  I enjoyed ever minute of it.  

After she left, I went upstairs and sewed these Churn Dash blocks together that I found while cleaning my sewing room a few days ago.  I probably should have used some sashings but I just wanted it finished so that I can move on to something else and get this in the "to be quilted" pile. 
 This will make a good lap quilt as it measures 60x72.  Not all of the points match up but that's just fine with me.  :)
 The night before I got this little customer quilt quilted.  It measures something like 60x70...I really don't remember.  LOL!  It was a cute little quilt but it did have a few issues that caused some fullness and such, but in the end it was a fun little quilt to quilt.  :)
 I'm not really sure what my next project will be.  I'm thinking right now that I may try to finish up my Now or Later quilt.  I think it is a little over halfway completed.  I'll have to check on that.  I also want to work on this huge tub of strings.  You can't really tell how big this tub is in the pic but it comes up well over my knee.  :)  I can see a few more string quilts in my future.  :) 
 I really need to make sure that I don't get in over my head on my projects and customer quilts.  I need to really pace myself.  

Hunter has a follow up appointment with his orthodontist early in the morning.  His appointment is at 8:40am and it is almost a 2-hour drive.  After 4-hours on the road I usually don't feel like doing much once we get back home.  I really need to do some grocery shopping that day but I'll just have to wait and see how tired that I am once we get back...and see how cold it is.  LOL!  I don't mind cold weather but not this cold.  LOL! 

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love the churn dash top! I think it looks great without sashing!
That is a huge tub of strings, Kristie.
You were so busy quilting for others through the holiday, I hope you get some down time to do what calls to you, for a change.

---"Love" said...

I love your churn dash setting, and the design created by not using sashings! You are so good at making scrap quilts with all different ideas!. I'm still thinking about that last on with 2" x 3.5" strips. ---"Love"