Sunday, February 10, 2008

A little bit of sewing

We finally got all of the hog finished last night! Richard did most of the butchering since it was outside and he didn't want me out in the weather were I had been sick. After getting it quartered up he brought it in and we cut the rest up in the kitchen. Well, he did the cutting and I did the packaging. The meat grinder died about halfway through the sausage, so we had to make a trip to Lowe's last night to pick up a new one.

This is what I worked on yesterday in between the packaging. A tablerunner in plaids. I love the look of plaids. I still need to stitch around the hearts and stars but I will try to get that done this week.

While we were out last night, I stopped by Walmart and picked up some fabrics for the Baltimore Blues BOM that I wanted to start. I am a month behind but hopefully I will catch up soon. I still need to stitch this one down too, but I just did it this morning. The colors don't show real well in the photo, it looks orange but it is a golden yellow, with purple, lavendar, and green. I bought matching threads for it too.
So that is what I have been up to the past day or two. I still have a few other BOM's that I need to catch up on this week. I think that is what I will do this week is catch up on everything.
Kristie

10 comments:

Maureen said...

These are really great pictures. I really like the Baltimore Blues Block!

Kristie you do such a great job!

Amelia said...

Aggravating abut the meat grinder going out in the middle of the process. What kind of seasoning do you use on your sausage?

Te Baltimore Blues BOM is so pretty. Are you handturning the applique or machine appliquing? I think I would go for the machine appliquing..those little curves would be murder. Certainly like the colors also.

The hears seem to be just floating on the table runner...neat effect.

Cindy Larson said...

Glad you're feeling better :0) That is a cute table runner just in time for valentines day! Love that baltimore block too! Have you checked out the "what's on your bed" thing going around? Kinda fun :0)
Cindy

Cindy said...

I really love the table runner and just in time for Valentines Day. Baltimore Blues Block is great too I can't wait to see more of them.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I am glad that you are feeling well enough to sew!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You have been one busy woman. I love the plaids. I have avoided them because I'm not comfortable with directional prints yet. It'll come....I hope. Don't forget to rest.
Regina in MI

Hazel said...

Your BB block is great and I love your table runner ,the plaids really work .

Wendy said...

Glad to hear you're staring to feel a bit better. Love your plaid table runner and your BOM is just beautiful...I don't know how you find the time to do all that you do..LOL!!

Unknown said...

You did a little sewing in between the packaging of the meat. You are unbelievable, I would have sat down and rested in between. How much energy do you have?

Moneik said...

The tablerunner is really cute! I can't believe how much you got done. Butchering is a huge chore, but must be done. We'll butcher a steer in March sometime which will take a couple weekends.