Sunday, February 17, 2008

My 154 Quilts!

I mentioned in my post yesterday that I had 70 tops that need to be quilted. Here is an old photo that I posted several months ago. I think at the time of this photo there were somewhere around 60 tops. I love to quilt, and someday these will all be quilted, I promise. As soon as we get the house finished I will have room for a longarm and that is when I plan to start quilting them.

I have made 154 total! I have them all listed in a notebook so that I can keep up with their names. So 84 of them are quilted!!!! I just didn't want you all to think that I just make tops! :) Here is an old photo of some of a stack that I had stored in an antique cabinet. I take them out every once in a while to refold them. Needless to say, I have quilts piled everywhere.
I try to refold them every so often. I am starting to run out of room to put these quilts. Right now the house that I am living in is right under 1000sq ft. So with 4 of us, it is very crowded in here. Our house, if we ever get it finished, is 3200 sq ft. Which will be plenty big enough, but in time it will start to shrink after we live in it for a while.

I always enjoy seeing everyone else's quilts, but that is what gets me in trouble! I always see something else that I want to make!

I love to quilt! And I find that it is something that I will always enjoy. I have been quilting for about 10 years now, it is a hobby that I picked up after a divorce. To this day I still find it to be relaxing and enjoyable!
Kristie

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, now I need to think of all my projects like that.... once I am done with the top, I can put them into a holding pattern until I am ready to quilt. I need to do that!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

154! You rock. Think of the legacy that will be one day! I think it's wonderful. And .. they are all so beautiful, too.
Regina in MI

Amelia said...

Just think of the quilts you will have for daughters-in-law and for grandchildren...of course that is off in time.

We all know that quilting is cheaper than a psychiatrist - so we just keep on quilting.

Come on Richard - get that house finished so you will have a place to hang/store all these beauties!

Melanie said...

Man -- can you quilt!!!! THink about the quilts your share with family throught the years....I can't think of a better way to spend your time....When you turn the TV off what do you have??? nothing... but when you spend time quilting you always have something to show for it.

Unknown said...

I am not at all surprised that you have made 154 quilts. You have always something new to show us, you are like a factory, and I still can´t figure out how you get all the energy to sew so much. You are just GREAT :) :) Keep on it inspires us who visit your blog.

Anonymous said...

You are inspiration! Those quilts are all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Wow, I only hope to be able to accomplish a fraction of what you have. I'll be so excited when I tackle the tricks of the trade to complete my first quilt.

FANTASTIC WORK!!!

Jen said...

I think you just may be my only prolific competition!! Kidding, but between you and I we'd be a force to be recokned with!!

Three Birds Inspired said...

Oh my goodness! 154 quilts/quilt tops is amazing. I think it is terrific that you make a quilt when you are inspired. Obviously you are inspired often!!

Andrea said...

All I can say is WOW - that is a huge number of quilts ! I'm impressed.

butrfly2200 said...

Wow, that's alot a quilts. Good for you. As you say, that is a storage problem though. Maybe you should just open them up and lay one ontop of another on a spare bed, if you have one. If not now then maybe in the new house.
We need a show and tell. Have you taken picture of all of them. Just think you could upload one picture a day for 154 days. wow.
Take care of yourself too.
:)Carol

Moneik said...

Wow Kristie! I knew you had made a lot, that's a huge amount! I really enjoy seeing all the quilts you have made. I've made a lot, but I don't think it is anywhere near that amount.

julieQ said...

Well, just lovely that pile of pretty quilts! I know, I am running out of room too.. sigh, for a quilting room of my own!!