Monday, February 4, 2008

Featured Quilt Of The Week ~ 5

Here is my "Red Baskets" I made this quilt a few years ago and it was bought by the same man that I made the "Quilter's Snowflake" for. He had the first one made for his wife and his daughter loved the quilt so he came back and bought this one for his daughter.

I had planned on keeping it for myself, since I love red and white quilts, but the money was just too good to pass up. It is hard to see in the photo, but each basket is a different red print. It was longarm quilted by my friend Sandy.

I would love to make another red and white basket quilt someday to keep for myself! I guess I will just have to put it on my list...
Kristie

9 comments:

Andrea said...

I have a yearning to make a red and white quilt too. Those lists of ours are certainly getting longer - lol ! Your basket quilt is lovely and although you sold it you have a great excuse to do another - not that we need any excuses eh ?

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Just beautiful! All of your quilts are just wonderful. But, thats another one I haven't made yet and the list is getting soooo long. Are you feeling better? Hope you are.
Regina in MI

Amelia said...

So pretty!

But then again, all you make fall into that category.

The quilting of the flowers and leaves was very appropriate.

dot said...

Wonderful quilt. I have a bbasket quilt on my to do list this year. Hopefully I will get to it.

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt! You always do such a nice job and the quilting on it is beautiful!
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

That's a beautiful quilt. I've made several quilts that I've sold too. Each is hard to part with, but I've loved each and every one of them.

teresa said...

absolutely gorgeous!!! my friend loves red and white quilts i will have to show her this.

Unknown said...

This one is fabulous, you are such a great quilter.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Wow, a sold quilt, well done you!
Love the progress on the Bargello-suppose it is finished by now! Tracey