Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Civil War Diary Book In The Mail Today!!!!

The boys didn't have school today, we got about 1 1/2 inches of snow last night! I doubt they will have it tomorrow either. So I have spent the day with the boys and not much sewing going on. We have just sit around talking and watching some tv. I truly enjoy every extra minute that I get with them but I hate when they cancel school so much. It just makes it harder on them when they go back.

I finally got my "Civil War Diary Quilt" book in the mail today. I should recieve the cd in a few days. Stupid me didn't order them at the same time. Anyway, I have so enjoyed reading the diary entries. I love anything to do with history and the civil war. We actually have a couple of cavalry saddles that were used during that time. We still ride them.

I hope to go shopping for fabrics next week after mom gets home, she is going with me. I have been looking over the patterns and I do believe that I will paper piece most of them. I think it would be easier for me to do them that way. Some of those pieces are very tiny and I want it to look nice since I plan on displaying it from the balcony in the new house.....if we ever get it finished. I'm in no big hurry to finish the quilt, I figure I will just work on it along with some of my others.

I did work on my Baltimore Blues Februay block for a few minutes this morning. I started getting a headache so I stopped. I think I need new glasses. :) I want to get this block finished before the March block comes out next week. I really need to get back into the swing of things. It doesn't seem like I have been getting alot of quilty things done lately.

I just got the call that my nephew who is only 18 months old has staph! It has been going around everywhere pretty bad the past few months. He is starting to run a temp and the doctor wants him at the hospital so that they can lance it. Poor little thing. I will have to check on him...
Kristie

Kristie

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Let us know how that book is. I've seen it here a few times, but haven't bought it.

Quilting Pirate said...

YAH!! It's like your birthday only early when you get mail you are just so excited about. I love reading the stories from the book.

I'm waiting for my cd's now as well....I can't I never knew of the cd's - would have made my class/club so much easier :D

Anonymous said...

Happy surprises in the mail... my favorite :o)

No school for an inch and a half of snow huh? Lol, we had 16 inches over a 24 hour period here a couple of weeks ago in 24 hours and they still had school. Our county in particular seems to be ready to deal with pretty much every flake of snow. They are on it so fast, we hardly ever get to be snowed in :o(

Unknown said...

How many blocks are there in this book?

Jen said...

I have this book too and it's on my 'someday' list.