Saturday, February 23, 2008

Two More Horse's On The Way!!!

Okay, you all know how much I love my horses so in a few days we will have 2 more additions to our little horse farm! I am such a happy girl right now!!!! So here is the story....

I have the best hubby in the world!!! We love horses and always have. After we first married the first one we got was Ole Jim, the mule. You all know that he is my baby and none of them will ever replace him, but I still love the others. Then came Bullet, which is Richard's. Then I asked Richard for a big black Tennessee Walker. We went looking and I came home with the biggest black Tennessee Walker that we could find. He was actually 64 inchs to the base of the neck. I loved him so much. We had him for a year or so and he got the colic in the middle of the night and died. I was heartbroke. A few months went by and he asked if I wanted another horse and I told him I wanted a red and while paint. That is when we got Storm. We bought him at an auction. I saw him from afar and pointed, told him that was the one. I just knew! So Richard said no matter the price it was mine...we came home with him that night! Then there was Beauma, Eb's Private Treaty, and then Autumn!

Then I got in my head that I wanted a Chocolate colored Rocky Mountain Saddle Horse. I just love these horses. And a little over a year ago, we were riding with several of our friends and one of them were riding on a chocolate rocky mountain horse, he had just bought it. I loved it!! I told Richard that I would love to have it! Anyway the guy sold it shortly after he had bought it, he buys and sells all of the time. Today, Richard told me that he had a suprise for me but I had to wait about a week. So I wouldn't stop until he told me what it was and believe it or not, it is THAT SAME HORSE THAT I WANTED! That guy bought it back and now it is mine!!!!!

And to add to the fun Richard's friend is giving Hunter a horse!!! He just thinks the world of my boys and since Andrew already has a horse, he is giving Hunter is very own! It is a red and white paint! Very pretty! He is about 2 yrs old and still a stud horse, but since it is for Hunter we will have him cut, to calm him down!

So it is a happy day here on the Layne Farm!!!!

Oh and by the way, I am surviving all of the boys here this weekend....I will post photos of that later! They are having a blast!!!
Kristie

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Ohh how exciting. I can't wait to see the pictures of the horses!

Enjoy!
Maureen

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Hunter must be very excited!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Congrats on expanding your family!!

Gina said...

I can't wait to see the pics of the new additions. No wonder you are excited

love and hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! We love horses too. Your hubby is a keeper!

Amelia said...

Looking forward to seeing pictures and let us know what the names will be.

Moneik said...

Oh that is so fun! Can't wait to see pictures of your new horses.

Cindy Larson said...

That is soooo AWESOME. I just have to say I'm jealous, but very happy for you :0) can't wait to see pictures! I love paints.

Jen said...

How Exciting!!! NOw, when do we get to see pictures?