Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Small Flag Pillow

Not alot of quilty things to show today. I had both boys home from school today. They cancelled school last night, because they were predicting snow overnight. We didn't get any snow but we did get a layer of ice. I hate ice!! Anyway with both boys home I didn't get alot of sewing done. Seems like every time I turned around they were fighting! But I know that is just how boys are.

I did sew this little pillow up for Hunter. In school they are learning some American History and he is just fascinated about the flag. He sits and draws flags constantly. I found a panel of these little flags that someone had gave me several years ago, so I decided to sew him one up. It only took me about 10 minutes from start to finish, so nothing major.

Here is a photo of Donkey passed out on the couch. He sleeps weird!!! But we love him!!

If I get the chance this evening, I would love to do a little bit of sewing. I have a ton of things that I need to catch up on.
Kristie

8 comments:

Moneik said...

What a cute picture of donkey! I'm sure Hunter will love his pillow.

Amelia said...

Even with the boys home I am sure you accomplished many things. the pillow is cute...and Hunter will enjoy it!

Donkey is quite the cat...so glad you have overcome your fear of these little furry friends. I sure love my three.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love the pillow and I'm so glad to see how much you love Donkey. I knew he'd end up your buddy. He does sleep weird...one of my dogs sleeps like that. He's weird too!
Regina in MI

Cindy said...

I love Hunter's little flag pillow. I don't think Donkey sleeps all that weird. Murphy sleeps in so many strange positions so I'll have to try and get a picture one day then I can show you dog weird sleeping.

Jen said...

I gotta agree, Donkey sleeps a lot like Murphy!!

Cindy Larson said...

Oh my gosh! I'm commenting to you from my iPod! How cool is that?!?! I love your pillow! It would take me longer to pick out fabric! LOL. My kids were home yesterday from school while I was grooming the dogs. So I know how that is. Already missing my keyboard buy I'm certainly not complaining! Now I need to figure out how to get my mail:0)
c
Cindy

Maureen said...

Ohh Donkey is soooo cute...Emma sleeps weird at times...my favorite is when she is on ther back and her back legs are facing one way and her front legs are facing the other way...lucky they are soo cute.

I love the pillow and I bet Hunter will too.

Quilting Pirate said...

I had to comment and smile seeing Donkey in his sleeping position!km