Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Too Many Fans!

Today was another cleaning day. I had to backtrack and pick up the kitchen and living room that I had done the deep cleaning the few days before. Today I did the deep cleaning on the bathroom, hallway and laundry area! Now like the other rooms this consisted of cleaning very surface! Actually, I'm still not done with the bathroom, I need to clean the shower and under the sink.

The boys were home from school today! They have already cancelled school for tomorrow too and there is still NO SNOW!!! The news is giving snow alerts for us, but I have yet to see any snow. The area that we live in is very hilly with lots of backroads so that makes it hard for the buses to travel. They usually allow several snow days for the kids.

During one of my breaks today, I found more UFO's that I had forgotten about! I had done these several years ago, actually you can tell by the fabrics that they have been put up for several years. They will be 12 inch blocks when finished. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I made these. There are 3 sets of blocks and 44 in each set! That is 132 of these fan blocks, just TOO MANY FANS!



I will probably try to finish a few of them at a time. I swear I think I had gone crazy making that many fans!

Tomorrow morning, if there is no snow, the boys and I will head in to town. I need to order Andrew's cake for the weekend. I will probably go ahead and pick up some other things that I need for his party. I usually do all of my shopping for the week on Friday, but I will have to do this in two trips, I don't think it will all fit in my car.
Kristie

7 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Your RIGHT, you must have been nuts!!! Just the angle on which to later sew them would have discouraged me from the start.

Hazel said...

Knowing you ,you will make some beautiful quilts out of them blocks .Slow down with the cleaning you are making me feel guilty LOL

Cindy said...

Well atleast your spring cleaning will be done. I'm trying to do the same thing here but so far all I've done is make a bigger mess.

Melanie said...

If you haven't finished them-- especially the pinks ones, think about doing this....I've always wanted to make a baptist fan quilt and layer a macramed doileover each center. It makes a real feminine effect. Kind of a shabby chic look. Thank about it.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Wow at all the fans.....too funny. Well...you have plenty now. Gonna make more??? Put that on your ufo list???...heheheheh
Regina in MI

Amelia said...

Lots of fans...enough for three quilts (I know there is a shortage of quilts at your house - haha)

You can add them to your list with a promise to do them sometime in 2008 or 2009...

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see the finish products! They will beautiful, as are all your quilts!

Have a great weekend with the extra kids! Why not sew though? They won't care!