Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My sample block!

I couldn't stand it any longer!!!

As you know I put my sewing machine and all my sewing things up yesterday since I will be cleaning all week. Today I cleaned the living room :( Moved all the furniture and cleaned under it, swept the ceiling, cleaned the light fixtures, actually I cleaned everything except for the fireplace and I just didn't have the energy for that today. I'm not going to clean it at all on the inside, since we use it everyday, I just need to clean the outside and wash the hearth. Anyway, back to my story....

I took a break this morning and drove down to the mailbox. That is when I got the wonderful gift from Cindy!! After seeing it, I so wanted to start sewing, but knew that I really needed to clean. And with every break that I took, I was on the internet either looking at quilts or talking about quilts! Then finally, when I moved my quilting magazines out of the living room and put them in my closet, I dropped one. I picked it up and you know that I had to sit down and thumb through it. I saw a applique pattern that was a simple design that I really liked. Now I know I don't need another project, but you know me...the more the merrier! You only live once, right? Anyway, back to cleaning, but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to try it. But I decided I wanted it bigger!!! So I sat down at the copier and enlarged it! Here is my sample block!

I haven't appliqued around it yet, my machine is still put up, but I just wanted to check the size. I do think this is one that I will do later. I'm not sure what colors I will use in the quilt. I may actually do each flower in different colors, kinda like a scrap quilt, but I will have the two fabrics in the flower matching like I do this one. Maybe!!! Then again, would it look better to have the whole quilt with the same color flowers?? Or maybe like, all different purples or something?? Give me some ideas...
Kristie

9 comments:

Amelia said...

I like this...simple yet outstanding. Is it held in place with with pins or what until the applique work is completed?

Either all one set of colors -just in different shades would look more expensive looking...sort of classier...but then again using from the scrap pile would make for an interesting one too.

Cindy said...

Oh I think all the flowers with different fabrics would look fantastic. I can't wait to see this one done. I really like the pattern.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I lOVE scrap quilts, so I side with Cindy. Either way I'm sure it will love fantastic.

Moneik said...

I think it would look cool done in different colors, but various shades for each flower. Great job on getting this done and your cleaning too.

Hazel said...

I think the scrappy one would be very pretty and just think you wouldn't have to buy fabric .How will you appliquéing it ?

Cindy Larson said...

My Goodness! You're just posting like crazy girl!
I'm so glad you like the wall hanging. I hope that it brightens your days and makes you smile :0)
I love your pansy block. I think it will look great in a bunch of different colors. Very spring like :) Heaven know I'm ready for spring!!!!!

Floss said...

I like scrappy, so it depends on what look you are going for. You could pick some colors and do a few block in a small selection of colors

Jen said...

Ohhh, that's going to be so pretty!! I think you should thread paint!!!

Anonymous said...

We use to sing a song...'Little purple pansies'. All different purples would really be rich looking.