Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mark Lipinski?!?

Okay ladies this post will just tell you how far back in the sticks that I live. Everyone lately has been talking about Mark Lipinski and I honestly didn't have a clue as to who he was!!! Okay, now I know you all are laughing at me, but I really didn't. So I decided to take it upon myself to find out! I googled and man was there alot that came up with his name! Finally, I got it narrowed down to his website and blog!


And I must say this man is BRILLIANT!!! Amazing, just truly amazing! I even sent my sister in to town to try to find his magazine. She called me on her cell to tell me they only had 2 of his magazines left. So home she came with the March/April 2008 edition of Mark Lipinski's Quilter's Home Magazine! I have been thumbing through it for a while now, and I believe this is a magazine that I will purchase frequently! Oh and I even saw a photo of his cat, Lilly and she even looks like my cat Donkey!


Here is another photo of Donkey! I'm sure you all are probably tired of seeing photos of him. But here he is sleeping in my scrap basket!
Now on to more quilty things! We have been working on the house today, but in my mind I have been quilting! I have been thinking of future projects that I just can't wait to start and past projects that I just can't wait to finish! Do you know that I have 70 tops that need to be quilted!!! Yes 70!! I really need to get working on them! Some I plan to machine quilt, some hand quilt and others I will send out to be longarmed! I think first as far as quilting goes, I will start quilting some of the baby quilts to drop off at the pediatrician's office where my sister works. They will be donated to some of the children that really need them and they will also give some to the terminal ill children for comfort quilts. It will make them easier to finish knowing that they are going to a good cause. I would love to get my Bargello and maybe another quilt quilted real soon, there is a local quilt show coming up soon! But anyway, I have so many quilting plans, but just not enough time to do them all!!! I told hubby that I really need a maid so that I could have more quilting time.
Kristie

12 comments:

Norma said...

Ok, with 70 quilts, I am coming shopping at your house!! How in the world did you do that and all the other stuff that life demands?

Mark Lipinski.........knew who he was but don't know much about him and I am not out in the sticks! (in a fog most of the time that has nothing to do with weather or location! LOL)

Amelia said...

I did not know who he was either...so like you I googled him. I haven't looked at magazine but should try to find one. May have to place a subscription via internet.

70 - that is a big number. I know you go like a house afire all the time. Maybe it is time to slow down...but then again you are young and I am getting old - yes, probably older than your mother.

Michelle said...

.....and knowing Richard, he will probably try to find you a maid! I think he'd crawl on his knees around the world to get whatever you needed girl! You got yourself a good one!
Michelle

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I was in the same boat on this Mark thing. I'm pretty sure I'm caught up on him now though. He sure has been popular in our quilty group lately. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
Regina in MI

Cindy Larson said...

Oh, yaeh, Mark is great! His magazine is by far the best and I just love his blog! He will be at a retreat by me that I swore I was going to but now think that taking the kids yo Chicago may rate up a little higher on the list.
You go girl! That's so cool! All those quilt tops! Keep up the great work!
Cindy

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

70??? OMG, I guess that goes to show how much fun the tops are to piece. I now have two tops waiting to be finished. I merely need assistance to complete the next stages and I ought to be well on my way to becoming an advid quilter.

Unknown said...

I had no clue either who that Mark Lipinski is, thanks to Carole I have a few of his magazines to read. I say as Norma I am coming shopping at your house, 70 quilts, whew.

Cindy said...

If it wouldn't be for Jen I had no idea who Mark was either. I thumb through her magazines whenever she buys one.

I won't ever get tired of seeing pictures of Donkey he's so darn cute and I'm so thrilled you like him.

Jen said...

I'm so glad you found Mark! I just think his way of thinking is awesome! He's got a completely different approach and that's wonderful.

Moneik said...

Mark is awesome and he really says things he is thinking. He's got an honest to goodness approach to quilting and what it's like, especially for those of us who are younger quilters.

Floss said...

I also googled him, as soon as I saw his picture, I recognized him from the magazine cover.

Quilting Pirate said...

I LOVE MARK!!!!! He rocks my world, his magazine is perfect in my book. When I met him in Houston, just made me realize how wonderful he is!

HOLY MOLY!? 84 quilted quilts?!! You are amazing!!! Though I thought I had a lot of unquilted tops at 15...LOL, you definitely have me beat there as well!