Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Night Spent Sewing!



I just couldn't stand it any longer, I had to go ahead and start it! Now you all know that I got a little crazy and cut 240 strips for a bigger quilt. So that will be 6 rows of 40 strips. I cut strips from all colors and patterns, threw them in a basket and then just started sewing them together how I pulled them out of the basket. I now have them sewn into strips of 2. Next I will sew them into strips of 4 and so on...



I have just now started sewing the strips of 4. Hopefully, I can get them all done before I go to bed tonight. I'm not sure how much I will get to work on it this weekend, it all depends on what Richard has planned. In the morning, Richard has a 8 hour refresher course for Mine Safety. So he will be gone most of the day, but I have to go to the grocery store and do my weekly shopping. I didn't go today because I just felt so bad and the boys were home sick again with me. I didn't figure we really needed to get out in the air too much. But we are running low on horse feed so I have to pick that up tomorrow also.



I noticed most of my BOM patterns for February are posted. I will have to buy some ink for the printer tomorrow so I can print them. I checked Planetpatchwork's for this month which will finish the top up. I think it said I needed like 50 of the 6 inch blocks and the borders. I'm sure this will take me a few weeks if not longer. But I can't wait to get this top done, I really like how it is turning out.



Well, I had better get back to sewing...

Kristie







6 comments:

Tracy said...

Hope you are feeling better soon and get to have a good long visit with your Mom!

Donkey is wonderful! He is so photgenic. The combination of cats and quilts is a winning one, so do keep those photo's coming!

Very best regards,
Tracy

Quilting Pirate said...

wow, you are sewing crazy!! I'm hoping to finish a lap size quilt with Bonnie's help! :D

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You go girl! I think I've changed my mind about the bargello. I have been looking at another of Bonnie's patterns for a few months that I just love. It's this one:
http://quiltville.com/starstruck.shtml
I think I'm going to make that one instead. I just love it.
Hope you feel better soon.....
Regina in MI

Cindy said...

You have more ambition than I'll ever have. I cant'wait to see how it turns out.

Moneik said...

You are one busy body! Good luck with all the sewing and hopefully you get time to work on it this weekend.

Unknown said...

Are you and your boys getting better? It will be interesting to see how your quilt will turn out.