Saturday, February 2, 2008

Good Company

This has been a long day. I got Richard up at 5am this morning, so he could feed the animals, eat breakfast and shower before his mine safety refresher course this morning. He left at 7am and I went back to bed for a little while. I still feel bad and just needed to rest a little more. Got up around 9am and got ready to leave for town. I had to do my grocery shopping, banking, and pick up feed for the week. By the time I got back home I was exhausted. I unpacked the car and put everything away. As I was getting ready to sit down to sew, Richard came home, then we had company...but it was GOOD COMPANY!!

Our company was the satellite guy!!!! Yes, I now have TV!!!!! We have been almost 2 years without anything to watch except for DVD's. See I really live in the hills and we don't have cable access here. We did have a satellite system a few years ago, signal was lost and could never get it back. Now we had this company to promise us that they could get us signal, and after 6 hours of working on it, we have SIGNAL!!! And wouldn't you know with all of these channels we can't find anything to watch! :)

After getting the satellite set up, it was late so I didn't get alot of sewing done. So far I have all 240 strips sewn into 6 panels of 40 strips. I have one panel completely done and started working on the second one. What I hate more than anything is the ironing! I HATE to iron!!

I think I am finished sewing for tonight. I need to take my medicine and go to bed.
Kristie

11 comments:

Amelia said...

How exciting to have satellite again. We have Directv and at times I feel there is nothing I want to watch. But I am not a big TV fan anyway. I stick mostly to the news now. I used to watch cooking, home improvement, etc but I got tired of that.

Hope you feel better shortly!

Moneik said...

Oh isn't it wonderful to be connected to what's going on through tv? My parents were in the same predicament and finally after a year they got a dish.

Nancy said...

I'm happy for you about the TV - maybe there will be some things that you or the boys like. Hope you get to feeing better soon - you've been sick for several days now haven't you?

Congrats on getting so much sewing done on your bargello. Mine are all sewn together and I just finished cutting them apart. I was worried about that because I didn't figure out the math - 6x2.5=15, not 16, so there is a little left over when you do the slicing. I'm getting sleepy, but want to try putting at least two strips together before I go to bed.

Michelle said...

Yay, Kristie! I'm sure sooner or later you'll find 'something' to watch. I always watch HGTV, and all the home improvement channels, etc. I also like the FOX network, and hey, American Idol has only been on a few weeks, and they are still selecting contestants, so maybe on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, you and your boys can watch that!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I can never find anything on tv either. I spend alot of time watching movies and sometimes wonder why I pay for my cable.

Melanie said...

Have fun with your quilt... I'm not much of a TV person, but there's something about the security of knowing it's there.

Unknown said...

I had to laugh at your description, all that work to get it up and running and nothing to watch....lol... My youngest wouldn't last 5 minutes with you, no tv......

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

You really are remote. When I was a kid all we had was the antenae. If it was bad weather, nothing good was on TV becuase the antanae wouldn't generate a very good reception.

Cindy said...

I hope that you're starting to feel better. It's awful when you have so many things that you have to do and you don't feel well. I'm so glad that you're hooked up to TV again. I know that most of the time there isn't alot to watch even with all the channels. I tend to stay more on HGTV channel since I love to watch all the home improvements and then the food network and I record alot of movies so I can always watch later.

Anonymous said...

At least you can say you have satelite TV but I think you will find that most times there is nothing worth watching. We do a lot of the DVD thing...nothing like an old movie and a cozy quilt!
Take care of yourself and we want pictures of the finished quilts!

Floss said...

I hate ironing too, if I could work out how to quilt with out ironing it would be great.