Friday, February 8, 2008

Hats, Hats, and more Hats!

Well, I am still feeling like CRAP!! I am better than I was, but it is just moving. I still have the cough, but now it is mostly in my sinuses and left ear. I have been putting ear drops in my ear to numb it. I slep on the couch today for about 3 hours. Needless to say, I haven't been sewing much the past few days.

I really want to get my last 6 strips sewn together on my Scrappy Bargello. I can't believe it has taken me this long to do it. Yesterday I found these Winter hats on clearance for 2/$1, so I bought 20 of them!!! You say, why 20??


They are child size and I thought I would make them for all the kids in Hunter's class. He is having a Valentine's party in a few days and I thought I would throw these in with their gift bags that we have fixed up. So I decided to embroidery each of their names on them. The boys is embroidered in a varigated green and the girls is in varigated rainbow colors. I have them all done now and it only took me about an hour to finish all 20.
I am so far behind on reading everyones blog. I am so sorry if I haven't commented, I just honestly haven't felt like sitting here at the computer for very long at a time. But I have been wondering what everyone has been up to. I will try to catch up on a few of them tonight.

Here is another photo of Donkey. Doesn't he look so comfy?? As you can see he is sleepin on on of my quilts and a quilt magazine...my kind of cat!


Before I finish my post for the night, I just want to thank everyone again for my quilt and all of the sweet comments and personal emails. I have recieved a few emails from quilters that have gone through the same thing or one of their family. It is so nice to know that someone cares. That just goes to show that "Quilter's Are Special People"

The funniest thing happened this morning. I was at the grocery store doing my shopping and a friend of my mom's walked up to me and said "I heard that you recieved a quilt" I didn't know what to say. I asked how she knew, she said that my mom told this lady's sister and her sister told her. So I told her the story about it and she said that it was about the sweetest thing she had heard of. I felt so PROUD!!! I plan on taking it to my guild meeting at the end of the month to show them what beautiful work that you ladies do.

Kristie

5 comments:

Amelia said...

Finding those hats on sale was great...but then you putting their names on them is priceless. You are such a great Mother (and feeling bad on top of it).

Donkey is fitting right in....he knows a wonderful place to take a nap.

How exciting the gift of your quilt is making the rounds. It just goes to show how special you are to people and family.

Cindy said...

Your hats are going to be the hit of the party and what a great Mom for doing that. You sure seem to be enjoying your embroidery machine.
Donkey sure has fallen into a great family and he knows it.
Maybe you need different medicine, it's just a thought.

Michelle said...

Kristie,
It sounds like you are still congested, especially if it is going into your ear. Do you have any 'cold and sinus' pills? I have to take one every day of my life, or my ears get all messed up, and I get dizzy. For some reason, fluid builds up in my right ear, especially, and taking the 'cold and sinus' medication keeps it cleared up. I think mine is mostly sinus, as I am congested all the time, no matter what time of year it is.

Your hats are a wonderful gift, and I love the way they look. You sure get a lot done, even when you don't feel good.

Take care of you,
Michelle

Unknown said...

You feel like crap but still you manage to take 20 hats and put names on them, you are so special. They will make a hit at the party.

Jen said...

Those hats are going to be a hit!! That is awesome. I agree, only you would be able to whip out 20 hats with names on them while you're not feeling good. Mr. Hunter is going to be the most popular kid in the class. How did your timeline turn out?