Monday, February 25, 2008

Quilts For Donation!

I have two baby quilts to show you. I did NOT make them, but I wish I had. A lady brought them to the guild meeting today for me to donate to the pediatrician's office where my sister works. They will be donated to the patients on an as needed basis.

I think she did a great job on them, and believe it or not they are not pieced. They are panels! She machine quilted, what would be considered stitch-in-the-ditch. I really had to look twice to realize that they were not pieced.


I have tons of baby tops, that I need to quilt and send to donate as well. I think it is great when people can come together and hopefully, make a difference in someone's life.

There were some others that said they would bring some at the next meeting. It doesn't matter if they just make one, it will help. I had been trying to do it by myself, but I just couldn't keep up with what was needed, so I mentioned it to the ladies at quilt guild and they decided to help.
Kristie

8 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Quilters seem to be the nicest people on earth. Aren't you glad you're one? I am....
Have a good week....
Regina in MI

Gina said...

What lovely quilts and such a nice thing to do.

love and hugs xxx

Carla said...

My guild makes comfy quilts that we donate to the police department and the officers carry them in their trunks to give to kids in need. I like your idea, too.

Amelia said...

"Love in Action" is what I consider this wonderful deed.

Moneik said...

It's amazing what quilters will do for others. Sometimes it's just a matter of ask and you shall receive. I think your idea is fabulous.

Michelle said...

I think those quilts are adorable, and what a nice thing for that lady to do!

Cindy Larson said...

Yeah, I'm behind on my baby quilt promises for my group. I really like how those turned out. Looks like she used a thicker batt in them and they look so fluffy. Panels of not, they are going to make a couple of mommies and babies happy ;)

Jen said...

I haven't done any charity quilts yet this year. =( I'm glad your group got started!!