Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's 3am!!!!

Here it is 3:07 am and I am wide awake! Got hubby up at midnight for work and then sat down to check the UPS site to see why Andrew's birthday gift did not come today like it was scheduled to. I entered the tracking number and it said "need correct address" I call the UPS in Ashland Ky they said it would be next week! Uhhh NO!!! His birthday is this weekend! She then told me that I could come down and pick it up. Ashland is about 1 1/2 hours away! I told her I paid shipping for it to be delivered to my house, not so that I would to drive 1 1/2 hours to pick it up!! Long story short....it will be here on Friday! Oh and they had the right address, she said it was a new driver! By the way...it is 2 guitar pedals, one gives him the blues sound and I don't remember what sound the other one has. He picked them out because I don't have a clue when it comes to this guitar stuff. All I know is right now he has around $1200 in his guitar, amp and these pedals. Teenagers are so expensive!!!

Anyway, I guess that got me a little mad and now I can't sleep...which gets me in trouble....I ordered a quilt book!!!! I know I didn't need it, but I wanted it. I have been wanting it for a while now and I finally brokedown and ordered it.


So now after I get it I will have to make a trip to Russell to the quilt store down there. I'm told they have a wonderful collection of repro fabrics! It is about 2 hours away, but I will just have to load up on fabric when I get there to make it worth my trip!!! :)
Kristie

10 comments:

Cindy said...

It's 3:25 here and I'm wide awake too. My problem is I went to bed really early because I was so tired and now here I am. But when I'm ready to get up for work I'll be tired. Andrews party is shaping up to be quite an affair. He's going to have so much fun.

Amelia said...

I certainly don't blame you for the way you handled the UPS situation. You paid for full delivery...not part delivery.

Sounds like the b.day weekend is coming around...lots of work but they will have a great time.

Connie said...

Oh your son is going to love his presents! What a good Mom--going to bat to make sure your baby gets his presents on time! Funny how I'm a lot more "tough" when it comes to making stuff happen for my kids when it is important! Hope your party turns out GREAT!

Moneik said...

Andrew is going to be so happy you worked your magic and got his presents there on time.

Quilting Pirate said...

It's a great little book! I'm doing a monthly club at our LQS with the companion book - Civil War Love Letters and we are having a great time reading and learning techniques.

I don't know how folks can do the internet in the middle of the night...hope you did get some sleep eventually.

You are such a good mom! I'm sure seeing Andrew smile on his birthday is worth it all.

Unknown said...

I've been trying to decide between that book and the Love Letters, bith come with a cd. Did you order the cd as well?

Hazel said...

Good for you some times it pays to speak up .your son is going to be one happy camper .

Cindy Larson said...

Oh, civil war fabrics! They are my choice for my birthday fabrics from my group this year. I have a serious UFO fan quilt that I started about ten plus years ago :0( All cut out by hand, no rotary cutter! Someday....

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Does anyone know, is the civil war love letters a story like Elmcreek novels?

I know Nancy Rose has been working diligently on the Civil War blocks and her progress has been blogged.

As for me, I haven't yet got the gumption(sp?) to tackle that sort of project.

Unknown said...

Of course you will have to buy loads of fabric once you get there.