Sunday, February 3, 2008

Bargello Progress

Here is an update halfway through my Scrappy Bargello. This photo is really too close up to be able to tell much about it. I have the strips hanging in my hallway so I didn't have alot of room to take the photo. I have 3 out of 6 panels finished. I probably won't get anymore of it done tonight, I'm still feeling like CRAP!!


I had put all of my WIP's when I started cutting these strips for this Bargello. I need to finish the bargello within the next few days so that I can get back to work on my others. I have really been slacking since I have been sick. I also need to update my February's To Do List and do my BOM's for this month. Hopefully, I will get back on track soon!!
Richard went out earlier to work on the house a little more. He got the ceiling beam up in the master bedroom and some of the floor joists down in my sewing room. I didn't help him today because he wouldn't let me out in the cool weather.
I just talked with my little sister on the phone and she is sooooooo sad! Now she is 23 and I am 35 so there is a big age difference but we are just as close as a mother and daughter. It just breaks my heart to see her upset. Her boyfriend is in the National Guard and leaves Tuesday for 3 weeks of training. He then gets to come home for 8 days and then ships out to Afghanistan for 15 months!! She is just heartbroke and I honestly believe that she would marry him in a heartbeat. I just don't know what to say or do for her....
Kristie

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never done a Bargello, I do like the look of it. I feel sorry for your sister it must be awful knowing that she will not she her boyfriend for 15 months.

Michelle said...

Kristie,
Your bargello looks great. I hope you get to feeling better soon, and as for your sister, just let her know you will be there anytime to listen, or talk, and make sure you give her lots of hugs and tell her you love her.
Michelle

Cindy said...

Your bargello is coming along great. I hope you start to feel better soon. Good thing the DR gave you drugs the other day. As for your sister all you can do is be there for her. Help her pass the time, give her lots of family time and plenty of hugs.

Amelia said...

Looking good!

Your sister will be going thru some rough times...she is fortunate to have you so close.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Well done on the progress, may have to add that to my list....feeling sad for your sister! Tracey

Quilting Pirate said...

YAH for getting this far...my attempts fell way short this weekend, but I was accomplished in other ways!

It's hard being a big sister sometimes all you can do is be there for her.

Hope you are feeling better soon, the crud stuff is no fun!

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
Great progress on the quilt. Hope you are feeling better soon. Sorry about your sisters situation, but I am glad she has you there for her.
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

Your bargello is coming along great. Good luck on finishing it up. You just have to be there for your sister and be her support system.

Saska said...

Your bargello looks good.

I've been ill too....sewing does help!

Poor sister.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Awesome, particularly considering you merely went with what you had on hand for fabric. I love the colours.

All you can do is remind your sister to be strong, and hold her chin high.