Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Anything Goes!

I started pulling fabrics for the Bargello with Bonnie on Sunday! Richard wants to butcher one of the hogs this weekend but I am going to get my fabric strips ready just in case I can change his mind! :) I didn't really have any 2 1/2in pre-cut strips so I have to cut them. The requirements call for 128 strips for the lap size top. Now I may add to this later but I will start with the lap size.

Now I have been sick all night and morning and actually after getting to boys off to school, I went back to bed and slept until 10am. Now that is something that I never do. I know you don't want to hear me whine, but I feel terrible. Actually, it is 1:30 and I am still in my nightgown. I need to get my butt in gear and shower and start dinner soon. Anyway, back to quilting....I don't really feel much like sitting at the machine today so I thought I would try to get my strips ready. Since my fabric is stored in the bedroom and hubby goes to bed around 6pm I went in sat on the bed with my scissors and started cutting off fabric. I pulled out a tote and cut 2 strips off of EVERYTHING in it! I will try to cut them to size tongiht if I feel better. I cut enough for 78 strips, so I still need 50 more. I didn't really feel like sorting through my fabric so I just decided that "ANYTHING WOULD GO"

Now you can see in the left of the photo I did start cutting some of the strips to size, I think only 28 of them. The rest will have to wait until tonight. I was in bed last night thinking about this quilt and thought about doing it all in the same color family but quickly changed my mind this morning when I felt so bad. Who knows how this will turn out, it may be sooooo ugly. Oh well, if it is I will stop at the lap quilt size and donate it to someone!!!!

8 comments:

Floss said...

I think with all those fabrics it will look cheerful.

Anonymous said...

Kristie, everything you make comes out looking Great! I am sure this will too!
Hope you feel better soon.
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

It's definately going to be a scrappy quilt! Good luck getting all the strips cut.

Jen said...

That jsut seems like too much sewing to me for a scrap quilt!! I think I'll work on other stuff on Sunday and wait to see how everyone elses come out!

Amelia said...

Don't push yourself...if you don't feel well - then just don't do anything.

Unknown said...

It won´t be ugly, just scrappy. I hope you will feel better soon.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love scrappy....I think scrappy is great. I like how scrappy quilts look older to me. Sorry you are feeling so bad today. Not a great day here either, but I'm not sick....
Hang in there...feel better
Regina in MI

Nancy said...

Kristie, glad you are doing the BargelloBowl too! Yours will be more true to Bonnie's pattern. I remember that you made one when Joanna was telling us how when we were on My Quilt Blog. Can you give me a link to that so I can see it again. I am wanting to do my Bargello in several shades of only two or three colors - I think! Don't know how much I will get done on it on Sunday - DH may want me to watch the game with him.