Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Feels like Christmas...

We finally have a little bit of snow here in Kentucky. I love the snow! I took this photo this morning of 3 of the horses. They can go in the barn for shelter, but I think they just wanted to play in the snow because they were staying out and playing around. As you can see in the photo they have snow all over their backs.

I have been digging around in my fabric and stuff all day. Amazing what you can find when you are not looking for it.

Here is a large tote full of yardage that was given to me. As you can see some of it is very old prints. These belonged to my SIL's Grandmother. After she passed my Brother and SIL inherited her house. This was among some of her belongings. They called to see if I wanted it and of course I could not turn it down. I have used some of it. I made both of their kids quilts from the fabric and they really enjoyed them.

I found this fabric among my mess. I had forgot about buying it. There are about 3 yards of it and I'm not sure what I did buy it for. Hmmmm....
And I found this "Thread Tree" I don't have a clue where it came from. I don't remember buying it either, but I know that it just didn't walk into my house on its own.
I also ran on to this fabric. I have a few yard of both. Hunter has been wanting to sew him a little quilt so I think I will cut this up into squares and let him sew it back together. He really likes it.
And last but not least...I found IT!! My Village Sampler that I hate so much. I found it in a bag in the closet. I only like 3 blocks finishing the top so I guess I will have to keep it out and finish it when I get in the mood. I don't care if I get nothing else done this year, I just want to finish this top so that I don't have to be bothered with it anymore!
That is all for now, I guess I will work on sorting more tomorrow!

Kristie


7 comments:

Amelia said...

The snow looks so pretty. I like it when I don't have to be out in it. I don't like driving in it at all.

Enjoyed looking at your fabric stash. I am sure you will find a use for most of it.

The village Sampler looked (what we can see) looks interesting. Why are you not wanting to finish it?

Cindy said...

Isn't it fun to go through things and find stuff you didn't remember buying or finding things you have no idea where you got them from. I like your sampler so if it needs a home I'd be happy to take in the orphan.

Jen said...

Maybe we should switch UFO's!!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Lovely quilt, I too would give it a home. I can't understand why you don't like it. I only hope to be able to get that good

Anonymous said...

Pretty fabrics. I am sure Hunter will love making his own quilt!
Glad you found the quilt blocks you were looking for... you could always ask at your guild if anyone is interested in the quilt and finishing it for you...
Deb (vtquilter)

Nancy said...

I want to see another photo of the Village Sampler - or have you already posted one of it? Looks very nice to me!!

Jen said...

Hey, that red fabric....make a red and white table topper. At Valentines day put a pink block ontop of it, Fourth of july, a blue block, christmas green...it's a dual purpose table topper!!