Sunday, January 6, 2008

WOO HOO!!!!!

Mom is coming home in the morning!!!! Finally, it has been over a month since she has been home. I talked to her earlier and she sounded so tired. I'm sure it will take her a few days to rest up.

No sewing today. I got up early, fixed a big country breakfast, while Richard did the feeding. Our animals have to have their breakfast too. I thought I was off to a good start this morning. I fixed homemade biscuits from scratch, eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, and fried apples. Cleaned up the kitchen, went outside to help Richard do a few little things, came back in the house to sew........and I fell asleep on the couch for about 4 hours!!! Can you believe that? I had just a little headache, so I hit the couch to let it ease up. I remember pulling the quilt off the back of the couch to cover up, then I woke up 4 hours later. Richard had come back in the house, but went in Hunter's room to play the playstation with him so he wouldn't wake me up. I told him he shouldn't have let me sleep that long, but he said that he figured that I needed the rest. He is such a sweetie!

Late this evening Chantal and I took mom's car down to the landing and left it for her. She will be docking somewhere around 8am, but has a doctor's appointment at 10am so she probably won't be home until sometime in the afternoon. I figure I will let her rest up for a while and then after the boys get home from school we will head out for a visit.

Tomorrow is the first day back to school for the boys. They were scheduled to go back Wednesday, but we got 2 inches of snow and the canceled school for 3 days. I really hate to see them go back, I will miss them so much and even though they fight constantly, they are alot of company to me. Hunter is 5 and doesn't want to go back to school because he says he will miss his Mommy, and Andrew is 14 and he is already trying to PLAY sick.
Kristie

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Such great news that your Mother is going to be back on dry soil in just a few hours.

You would not have slept that long if your body did not need it. So that was great that Richard just let you sleep.

Breakfast menu sounds great. I am so glad to hear you made biscuits from scratch.

Enjoy the nest few days having your Mom back!

Amelia

Cindy said...

Yipppppeeeeeee your Mom is finally coming home. What a great way to start off the week. My theory is when you sleep like that it's because you really need it. Or, that's what I tell myself after a nice long nap. Enjoy tomorrow with your Mom and give her a big welcome home hug from the quilters.

Nancy said...

Great news about your mom coming home earlier than you last thought she would! Hope Hunter is OK with school once he gets back into the swing of things. I'm sure Andrew will be once he gets back with his friends. Have a great week with your mom!

Moneik said...

Oh sounds like you needed that nap! I took a long one yesterday too. I know I was really tired. So happy to hear your mom is going to be home today.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Your Mom should be home by the time I read this! Give her a big hug, I am sure she really missed you as much as you missed her! Glad you got some much needed rest and breakfast sounded great - we did the homemade biscuits, sausage and gravy and eggs last weekend... or rather DH made all but the eggs! I am so spoiled!
Deb (vtquilter)

Maureen said...

Yeah that is great news! I know you missed her!

Enjoy having your mom back home!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Glad to hear that your mom is back safe. Hope you had a great time

Heather