Monday, January 14, 2008

A Great Snail Mail Day!

I checked the mail this morning and I had a ton, it had been a few weeks since I had checked it. But I really had some great surprises! I just couldn't get them opened fast enough. My sweet friend Gina sent me two packages from the UK. They were both loaded with lots of goodies. A delicious box of Belgian Chocolates, a romance novel, bath goodies, and a beautiful lace bookmark made by her. I was amazed at the tiny work in the bookmark. It's just amazing!

The second package was filled with these beautiful HORSE fabrics. As you all know I love my horses and I thought she was very thoughtful to send these to me. They are just so beautiful! I can't wait to make something with them. I'm thinking maybe a wallhanging or a quilt for my new house.
And last but not least....I recieved a wonderful pattern from Hazel. It is the pattern that she used to make her fabric covered notebooks. It shows two different sizes, so I will have to decide on which one to do first.

So a big THANK YOU to both of you wonderful ladies. It really means alot to have great friends like you.
Kristie

10 comments:

Amelia said...

Receiving gifts always makes for a better day...I am sure it brightened yours.

Bethany said...

What fun gifts! I'm so glad you got them. Enjoy!

Maureen said...

Wow I normally don't get such fun gifts in the mail...Lucky you....I am sure it brightened your day.

Cindy said...

Wow what great mail you got all I ever get in the mail is bills. Enjoy everything and I can't wait to see what you do with the new fabrics they look great and I love their colors.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

For the horse lover that you are, you must be in heaven with the new fabrics.

Enjoy!!!

Hazel said...

It's always fun to recieve gifts hope you enjoy them .

Gina said...

I'm so glad they got to you in one piece and that you like them.

I thought they'd brighten your day a bit.

love and hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to start the day with gifts in the mail!
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

What a wonderful day! I would be just as excited as you to receive those kinds of gifts. I love the fabric too.

Jen said...

Wow! I bet that will teach you to check your mail more frequently!!!