Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hunter To The Doctor

As I sit here typing this post I am trying to clean off the computer desk. I have papers piled all over it. I am so bad to print things off, patterns, tips, etc. and then leave it on the desk. I have even found some quilt pieces. This computer desk is probably the worst thing in the living room. So now I have decided to take a break and type a post.

I had to take Hunter to the doctor this morning so he missed school. He was glad to miss though, he hates kindgarden. Last night he was complaining about his private area hurting, I checked and it was swollen probably the size of a 50 cent piece. That really scared me! Took him to the doctor first thing this morning, doctor said he had an infection and where he had been circumsized it had started to reattach. So he put him on antibotics and he goes back in 1 week. If the infection is cleared up at that time, he will have to go and have it ripped back! That sounds sooooooo painful! The infection had to be drained and he is feeling much better now. I just think that is alot of pain for a 5 yr old. But right now he is in his room playing his playstation. I haven't told him yet what they have to do. I will get Richard to help me explain it to him when he gets home. He was so nervous about going this morning, we tell him all the time that no one should touch him there and that is a very private area. There are so many crazy people out there, and I just wanted him to know that no one can do that to him. Stupid me never thought to tell him it was okay for a doctor so I had to try to explain that the doctor was okay. He was still nervous and wanted my sister to be in the room with us too. She works at the doctors office so she stayed in there with us and he ended up being okay with it.

Anyway, I haven't done any quilting at all today. I started cutting out the block for my Village Sampler yesterday. I started sewing it together and screwed it up! I knew that I would because I don't like the quilt and I was rushing through it. Now I have to recut it! So I haven't even picked it back up yet! I may try to work on it later this evening if I get brave enough.
Kristie

9 comments:

Hazel said...

Poor Hunter , its so hard to expain these things to kids .In a perfect world we wouldn't have to but god knows this is far from a perfect world .Hope he is ok

Jen said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor dear Hunter. OMG, OMG, OMG, do they HAVE to?? LIke totally necessary have to? He's never going to want to go to the doctor again. I can't even picture how your conversation with Richard is going to go before you guys talk to Hunter.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh no...I'm so sorry that Hunter had to go thru that. It's never easy is it? When we adopted our last two kids, they had been abused and had to have full and somewhat invasive physicals and it nearly killed me to have to see them go thru it. Sorry to hear about the quilt blocks. That one sounds like it is way over my head. I'm doing that Mystery quilt that Bonnie has going and I'm just waiting for the next step. In the meantime, playing with my red/black/whites some. Hang in there....Regina

Bethany said...

Big hugs to Hunter for being such a trooper and being so brave. I hope all goes well. Kids are pretty sturdy but it's still hard. Best of luck

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I'm sure he'll bounce back just fine. Will he have to stay in? That's always the worst for any child.

Cindy said...

Oh poor Hunter. He's such a sweetie and I hate to think that he's in pain. Give him a hug from me and tell him my dog Murphy sends him a big slurpy sloppy kiss.

Maureen said...

Poor Hunter...I hope that this isn't as hard on him as it sounds. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck to you and Richard in explaining this to him.

Gina said...

Oh love him. I know you and Richard will help him to be brave.

love and big hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Poor little Hunter, I am sure he will be brave.