Sunday, January 20, 2008

My New Sample Block

Not alot of sewing going on today, but I did sew a little bit last night. I made 3 more blocks for my "Steps To The Alter" I need 42 blocks total and I am cutting 2 blocks from each print. Now I have 4 of 42 blocks with 38 more to go.

I sewed a sample block from the new fabric that I bought last night. I wanted a very simple block since the fabric has so much going on in it. So this is what I came up with, just a simple "Churn Dash" pattern. I have always loved this pattern. This block is 9 inches, and I will need several of them. I bought a total of 8 yards of these fabrics, so this will probably be my next quilt after the "Steps To The Alter"


Right now it is so cold outside so we are just trying to stay warm, we have a nice big fire going in the fireplace and it feels very cozy in here. Maybe I will sew a bit in a little while.

Kristie

8 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love that fabric you used in the Churn Dash block. It is so nice. I still have a hard time choosing fabrics. I just don't have the eye for it yet....but I'm working on it....LOL
Regina

Quilting Pirate said...

I second bitnbyaquiltbug's comment, I love the churn dash fabric choices. It's my favorite quilt block!

I wish we had a fire, it's very cold here as well - but it makes it perfect for quilting! :D

Jen said...

that Churn Dash is fabulous. those fabrics rock. Are you going to go all muted or throw a shock of red in there somewhere?

Cindy said...

I too have always loved the churn dash block. Your's turned out great. It's so cold here today too. Last I saw it was 6 above and soon when the sun goes down we're headed way below zero again.

Amelia said...

Churn Dash block very interesting...like Jen says a dash of red would result with a certain punch.

Stay warm!

Hazel said...

Love your fabric and all your blocks 'you have been busy .Guess we all have this cold weather .We went out for a bit today but I couldn't stand the cold so we came home .

Unknown said...

The churn dash block looks great.

Moneik said...

I love the churn dash! I did quite a few for Jim and Addie's quilt and they turned out so well.