Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm So Sad

I am so disappointed, I could just cry!! The phone rang at 5:30am this morning and it was Mom. She was crying so it really scared me. She doesn't get to come home for a few more days. See the replacement cook is sick and can't come in for a few more days. She said she will get off sometime between Monday and Friday of this week. She has already been gone for 28 days so I know that she is ready to get off of that boat. We were going to celebrate Christmas with her tomorrow, but I guess we will have to reschedule it until next weekend. I had to make the trip down to Ashland anyway. She needed her medicine and a few more clothes. I just had to take them to the office and drop them off. She hadn't come in to the landing yet and was still coming through the Locks about 2 hours away. They will come in to the landing and change the crew, except for her and head back out again. I'm not sure where she will be when she gets off of the boat now, but they will drive her back to the main office and we will pick her up there.
Kristie

10 comments:

Moneik said...

OH I'm so sorry to hear your mom won't be coming home today. I know what it's like to be without your mother for so long. I'm sure you will continue to miss her until she's home.

Amelia said...

Oh Kristie, I wish I was there and you could cry on my shoulder. My Mom has been dead for many. many years now - but I know how the feeling is when I get to see my daughter after not seeing her for some time. I get all excited and emotional.

Look over my way - my arms are out stretched for a hug.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear this, hopefully it won´t be too many days until she can get home.

Angie said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry you're going to have to wait even longer. Just go play in your sewing room until she gets in so that the time will pass quicker. :>

Cindy said...

Oh I'm so sorry she doesn't get to come home yet I know how much you miss her. If I could give you a hug I would. Go and sew and take your mind off of things. Maybe make her something special.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Does your mom work on a cruise ship???

Gina said...

I'm so sorry that your mom has been delayed. If I lived closer I would give you a hug. I'm giving the computer one to send with this message.

love and lots of hugs xxx

Carla said...

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you and your mom are very close and that is a wonderful thing. So, try to find things to do to pass the time and she'll be here before you know it.

Maureen said...

Kristie I am so sorry your Mom won't be home yet...I hope it won't be long!

Nancy said...

Kristie, I am so sorry to hear that your mom won't be home for several more days, but it will be a great time when she does get to come. Will they give her more time off because she has had to work longer - I hope so! Here's a tight quilty hug for you!