Sunday, January 27, 2008

Monkeys, Quilt Blocks and Scraps

Here is Hunter's Sock Monkey. I still have to sew on his eyes, ears and sew on a nose. He is very happy with him. I just need to take the time to dig out two matching black buttons for his eys. So this is a project off of my January's To Do List!!!!! Only one more project on January's list, but we all know it will NOT get done this month.

Here is the progress so far on my Churn Dash. I had the blocks pieced I just sewed them together today. I still have alot more of them to piece for this top. But like everything else it is a work in process.
Later in the afternoon, I got a little restless and started looking at some of my scraps. This is one bag that I dumped out on the table. I have decided to go through these little by little. I have a small piled ironed and ready to cut into usable sizes. Maybe tomorrow I will try to start cutting on them. This is nothing that I expect to accomplish overnight, but something that I can work on now and then. I really need to control these scraps.


I found a yahoo group today that is for my Brother Embroidery Machine. That is the only machine discussed is the same model that I have! I was very excited to find it. I have been reading over alot of the past posts and have found alot of interesting tips.

Also if anyone is interested....I read on Bonnie Hunter's (Quiltville) Blog that she wants to do a quilt with everyone on Super Bowl Sunday! It is a lap size Bargello! I'm not sure yet just depends on what I have going on that day, I may do it.

Tomorrow morning I have a guild meeting at 10am. Sandy called earlier to discuss some of the things that we would be going over. It really shouldn't be a very long meeting.

Kristie


8 comments:

Amelia said...

You have been a busy, busy lady the past 24 hours.

Good luck on getting those scraps in order. I don't know if there is really good way to keep them in order. Now if we all had a 20 x 20 room with lots of shelves for boxes...then maybe we could keep them in order. Just dreaming, though.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Glad you got a laugh out of my blog today. I was just in that kind of mood. I love that Churn Dash. It's so calming in those colors. I am thinking about doing the super bowl day quilt too. How fun that would be to do it together. I've had myself on a fabric diet for about two months and I'm thinking it's time to go shopping. Not that I really need more, but I want more. We must be on the same page lately because I spent the yesterday evening 'up all of my scraps into useable strips, squares and such. I got about halfway thru my basket. Then I got really tired of it. I know it's boring to do it, but I'm thinking that I'll just be able to grap and sew when it's all done.
Have a great time tomorrow. I keep thinking I should find a guild to join, but my life has no schedule.
Regina in MI

Anonymous said...

Love the monkey you made for Hunter. The quilt is looking great! Want to come up and organize and cut all my scraps for me? Let me know if you come up with a system that works...
Deb (vtquilter)

Wendy said...

Love sock monkeys! It's funny to see how popular these little guys still are... cute picture. ;)

Check this out:
http://www.squidoo.com/sockmonkeycentral

Anonymous said...

Your churn Dash is looking wonderful!

Quilting Pirate said...

You are such a busy lady! I love how the churn dash has turned out! And the sock monkey looks like he's happy!

Jen said...

The churn dash is turing out sooooo cool. I can't wait to see it when you keep adding to it. I'm not nearly as far on my to do list for January as you are. Mine is going to extend into February.

Unknown said...

The churn dash is so great in these fabrics. Hunter looks happy with the monkey :)