Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Embroidery Machine!

This morning while out shopping with Mom, I bought an embroidery machine. It is the Brother Disney Computerized Sewing & Embroidery Machine. I had been researching it on the internet and found both good and bad reviews, but I thought the only way that I would know is if I tried it myself, and if I didn't like it I could return it. Now I've never had a computerized sewing machine before so this scared me. I got home, got it out of the box and looked at it for probably 30minutes before I even turned it on. I figured the best thing for me to do was READ the manual. So a couple of hours later, I will say that I LOVE IT!!!

I needed a new sewing machine anyway, but I honestly didn't think that this one would sew regular straight stitches that well since it was an embroidery machine, but it does a great job and converts from regular sewing to embroidery very easy. I will have to start buying lots of embroidery thread now to stock up. Today I only bought a spool of black, just to see if I could work this thing. So all of my practice designs are black, but that is okay because I am still having fun with it. I probably won't get alot of actual quilting done the next few days because I will be busy playing with this.
Kristie

9 comments:

Amelia said...

Wow...how exciting for you.

I bet we will see and hear all kinds of new and fabulous things you are doing with it.

Moneik said...

Have fun with your new machine. Make sure you buy a spool of bobbin thread for embroidery. It is different than regular thread and is almost always either white or black. It makes a world of difference.

Jen said...

So...I see it's a Disney model. Does that mean it came with Disney motifs??!?!??!?!?!?!?!

You're going to have so much fun!

Angie said...

Awesome, Kristie!! You'll have a wonderful time with that!

Cindy said...

Oh how exciting for you. I love Disney and can't wait to see some of the things you're going to make. I even want to see the practice pieces in black. You're going to have so much fun.

Maureen said...

Wow exciting...What Disney motifs does it come with?

I love Disney! Have fun with the embroidery machine.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I just jealous. Not as nice as everyone else here....just jealous. I wanna see lots of pics too! An embroidery machine is on my list, but not right now. Hope you enjoy it!
Regina

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Soo?? How do you like it? I have been looking at one like that for ever and like you I can't afford the expensive machine. I am thinking about getting a second job when I get up to Lemoore. Maybe I can start a special account for sewing stuff.. LOL

Heather

Unknown said...

New sewing machine, wow.