Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Christmas Gifts and Monkeys

This morning Mom and I drove to Paintsville. We had breakfast at Hardee's, then on to Walmart. Didn't buy anything there except for a spool of grey thread. I needed the grey to embroider Richard's name on another one of his company jackets.

Peeble's was having a big clearance sale so we stopped by there. It was 50-70% off and then mom had a coupon for an extra 20% off. I bought a few clothes for the boys and mom bought her a couple of new dresses for church.

After Peebles we drove on to the bookstore. There is a bookstore there that sells new and used books. I trade my old books that I have read for used ones that I haven't. You trade 2 for 1, which is fine for me. I had a store credit of $86. I ended up with 22 books and mom got 6. After getting those I still have a store credit of $35. I have a ton of books that I haven't read yet, I just wanted to get the ones that I had read out of my way.

When we got back home, I put another fleece throw in the embroidery machine. I like the fact that you can put it in there, push a button and walk off. I ran the vacuum while it was embroidering. This is another Christmas gift off of my list for 2008. I did this one for my SIL, Bridget. I know that I use this design alot, but it is one of my favorites.

Then this evening, after supper, I started on this Sock Monkey! I love them and I wanted to make one for Hunter. I think Andrew being 14 is a little too old for one, so I will have to find something else for make for him. I can remember when Mom made some for us when we were little. I love it and I still have mine. As you can see he is still in parts, I decided to stop for the night, and hopefully I can get him finished tomorrow. So far he hasn't been hard, I just hate the stuffing part.
Tomorrow is the day that Donkey comes home. Our local animal shelter has a manditory spay/neuter law. So he has an appointment in the morning at the Vet to have it done. The animal shelter will take him there and they said he would be ready to be picked up around 3:30pm. Poor cat, going from an animal shelter, to the Vet to be......well you know, and then to a strange house. I'm sure he will not be in a good mood. I tried to explain to Hunter that he will probably hide for a few days until he gets use to us.

I guess that is all for tonight, I need to finish this load of laundry and then I think I will try to sleep for a little while. I have to get Richard up at midnight so I might get to sleep for a little over an hour...
Kristie

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh I remember the sock monkey, I had one as a child LOL ,It's funny old favorites never die they just keep popping back up .Oh I know what your mean about books I have a lots I especially like Beverly Lewis she writes books about the Amish life style .Let us know how you make out with the kitty .

Cindy said...

Hunter must be so excited about getting Donkey. Everytime I think about his name it makes me chuckle it's such a cute name. I'm sure the kitty will be fine and after a little extra love by his new friend he'll be up and running. No one has asked but has the puppy moved outside or is he going to be in with the kitty?

Anonymous said...

Kristie, I do the same things with my books... it is almost time to take another big bagful in to get some new reading material... and try to use up my credit. Hope the 'bringing home kitty' is successful.. and I was wondering if the puppy is still inside too?The sock monkey is so cute! Hunter will love it.
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

Sounds like you have been really busy and will be ready for Christmas when it comes. I can't wait to hear about Donkey.

Amelia said...

Mr. Sock Momkey is too cute~

Jen said...

I've never made a sock monkey. There's a kit at the quilt store; maybe it's time!!