Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Could SCREAM!!!!

As I sit here and type this, my car is running and locked, AGAIN!!! I run out and started the car to let it warm up so I could take the boys to the doctor and somehow I locked the doors again!! I know Richard will die because he told me to go get an extra key made and I haven't! The key has a sensor on it and you have to have it made at a dealer and it costs like $60. I WILL get an extra one made this time, because I can't get ahold of the guy that unlocked it last week, so I had to call the locksmith and he is charging me $85!!! Yes, Jen you are right, when you live out in the woods like I do, you can't just call AAA!!!!!

7 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh noooooo! Don't you just get so mad at yourself? I do the dumbest things all the time and then just stand and wish I could turn the clock back five minutes, fix the mistake before it happens. Get that key made fast! I had to get several made for mine because one of my dogs likes to travel and he locked me out when I was getting gas one time. I said his name over and over to get him excited and about 15 min later ... he unlocked the door.

Moneik said...

I feel so bad for you! I've had that happen a time or two. Once I was leaving for a final exam and there was 2" of ice on everything! I had to get a friend to give me a ride so I wasn't late.

Amelia said...

Oh no!,
I do have AAA and pay the extra because I do live way out in the country. Really the price is not that bad for 6 calls per year and maximum of 100 miles per trip costs me about 135.00 per year.

Get the key made and fast!

Jen said...

Oh Kristie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Norma said...

Ouch, that is a lot of money! Just think how much fabric you could have bought!! LOL

Hope you get your spare keys soon!

Michelle said...

Don't scream! You'll scare Donkey!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Save yourself some money. Have a key cut, at your local Walmart for a couple of bucks. I know your already saying hey that can't be done. Well, we thought so too. It won't start the vehicle but it will open the door. Keep it in your purse, whatever, just so long as it is accessible. It's cheaper than paying $85 to unlock the car and still cheaper than a second fobbed key.

You can even buy little do-ads that attach into the wheel well of the vehicle just for the purpose of hiding a key.

Hope this works out for ya,
Carol