Thursday, January 3, 2008

Celestial Migraine BOM~January

First off, tomorrow will be a great day!! My Mom is coming home tomorrow!!!! She will be home for 28 days! We will celebrate Christmas at her house on Saturday evening since she was done on Christmas Day. So I am very excited about seeing her, the boys and I will drive down and pick her up in the morning.

I am still sorting through scraps! I worked more on them last night and a little bit this morning. Then I needed to take a break from them and I made my 2 Celestial Migraine blocks. This is the January block and there are two of them. I think now all that is left for this quilt are the small stars and borders.

As I was going through my scraps this morning, I actually found a UFO in there! I have several blocks on it done and several more cut out. I can't remember what the name of it is, but it is some kind of smooshed star. I may go ahead and finish it into a baby quilt and donate it. Oh, and I found some pieces that I had cut out for a scrap "Spiderweb" quilt. I need alot more of it cut out before I can finish it. So that may be something else that will work on soon.
Kristie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your Mom will be home soon so you can really celebrate Christmas! Love the new block! Can't wait to see the completed quilt.
Deb

Norma said...

I love the colors in that star. Sounds like a lot of us are busy with the UFO and WIP now that the holidays are over. Have fun with Mom!

Michelle said...

Kristie,
That block is so bright and happy looking! I love it! How is Hunter coming on his quilt top?

Amelia said...

Loved the new block. What a coincidence...I am going to use the hot pink and green as two of my colors on the very next quilt I start ...which should be in the next week or so.

Hurray~~~your Mother will be home!

Annie said...

I hope you have a lovely time with your mum. I'm off to see my mum next week - she lives far far away.

Nancy said...

Your Celestial Migraine block is beautiful. I looked at the pattern and want to add it to my to-do list. I didn't see any mention there of all the little stars - do you think they come next month??

Carla said...

Beautiful block! You're doing great with finishing your UFs this month already.

Unknown said...

A lot of treasures found while digging around ;) I hope you will have a great time with your mom.