Sunday, January 13, 2008

Christmas at Mom's

We had our Christmas with Mom today. We all had a great time! We all met for dinner and then opened gifts. Dinner was great, mom made some homemade rolls and I ate so many I thought I would die. It was just a small family gathering with Mom, Chantal, my brother and his family, my grandmother and us.

Everyone loved their scarves, so that made me very happy. Here is my brother John and his wife Kellie, with their quilt. They seemed to really like it. It is actually red, but for some reason it looks pink in the photo.

Here is Mom with her "Card Trick" She seemed to love it. Most of the fabrics in this quilt were bought by mom. When she was working on the railroad and had to travel so much, she would always try to stop and pick up some fabric for me wherever she was.


This is another photo of mom with her quilt and Chatal with her scarf. I had actually gave Chantal her quilt on Christmas Day, when she was at my house.
So today I gave 2 bed size quilts and 6 scarves for Christmas gifts. It is hard sometimes to give away quilts but when they are well recieved it makes it all worth it.

Kristie


9 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Nothing compares to giving a quilt to a loved one. Yours were beautiful and it looks like they were very well recieved!!

Amelia said...

The quilts are beautiful -so glad they were well received.

I bet all of you really had a great time with eating, gifts and enjoying each other's company.

Cindy said...

It sure looks like the quilts are in nice new homes and that they are going to be loved. Everyone looked like they had a great day. You must be exhausted with all you've been doing the last few days.

Michelle said...

Looks like you had lots of fun, and everyone enjoyed their quilts.

Hazel said...

It is hard to give quilts away some times but just the look on these folks face says it all .You can tell they absolutely loved them .

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love Jen's term of "Quilt Worthy" and it looks like they were quilt worthy people from the pics! They are so beautiful and I'm dying to make a Card Trick Quilt soon. Did you enjoy making it?

Moneik said...

Oh I love the quilts and I'm sure your family loves and appreciates the time and effort you put into making them.

Norma said...

What lovely gifts! You not only gave handmade gifts to your family, you gave of yourself and that is priceless in my book.

So, can I be one of your family? LOL

Unknown said...

I am not surprised that they like the quilts you gave them, and the scarves, you have had a lot to do.