Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm ready to sew!

Well, they are all cut 128 of them!!! Now I'm just waiting to see if I actually get to quilt on Sunday or not. If not I will work on it next week!

I fell asleep on the couch this afternoon for a couple of hours and I still feel like crap! But hopefully in a few days I will be back to normal. I didn't even fix a big dinner this evening like I always do. We had "chicken tenders" I think the family finally realized that I was sick. You know how they are, everyone can get sick except for mom!

Speaking of moms...Mom leaves out Friday morning so you all will have to listen to me whine for the next month. I hate to go out there and visit with her and take the chance on making her sick too. That would be terrible for her to get sick while on the boat and not be able to get off.

Here is another photo of Donkey. He is sleeping on a couple of quilts that I have stacked on the back of the couch.

I guess I will probably iron a few more scraps tonight. I would love to get these scraps under control. I use alot of scraps in my quilts but I have never gone through them and cut them to size. So the scraps are about to take over!!! Someday I will be organized....maybe...

Kristie


11 comments:

Quilting Pirate said...

Wow, what a lot of cutting! :D

And I see Donkey has made himself very at home and a true quilting kitty.

How are you doing with him in the house?

Amelia said...

Hey Lady, you are really moving right along on the latest quilt.

Hopefully, you get to feeling better real soon.

Donkey looks like he is "in charge" now.

Jen said...

128 strips...that's a LOT of sewing for one day!!

Hazel said...

Wow that is a lot of cutting ,Just think everything will be so neat and organized now .Sure hope you feel better soon .

Cindy said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. I wouldn't wish this winter bug on anyone. Just when you think it's gone it resurfaces.
I've been thinking about making the bargello on Sunday but I have so many other projects that need to be finished I'd better not. Donkey sure looks like he's lived there forever. That kitty sure has fallen into a great and loving home.

Gina said...

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well, and with your mom due to go back soon aswell.
I can't believe how much you've cut for this quilt.
Don't worry about the quilt not turning out right. It looks like Donkey will love it whatever it looks like.

love and hugs xxx

Melanie said...

Get to feeling better quick!!! fabric's awaiting!!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Ooh, lots of yummy strips and scraps...the perfect medicine to get you feeling better, hugs, tracey

Anonymous said...

Hope you got some rest last night and are feeling better today. Sounds like you are stil getting lots done with cutting up your scraps. Take it easy and get better quickly. Oh, Donkey looks like he is king of the house! How are you doing with him?
Deb(vtquilter)

Moneik said...

Hope you get to feeling better quickly. That's a lot of cutting for one day! Have fun sewing.

Floss said...

Hopefully you are feeling better. This is a lot of cutting, especially when you are not feeling well.