Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day

Well here it is New Year's Day and this is what we have accomplished. Richard, Andrew and Donnie worked putting half of the flooring down in the 20x20 bedroom up over top of the kitchen. It is hard to tell much about it in the photo, but I guess you can get an idea. Anyway, they worked on it for about almost 4 hours and quit for the day, because it was soooooo cold and the wind was blowing very hard.

While they worked on the house, Hunter, Peanut and I stayed in the house talking. After a little while Chantal came out and she stayed awhile after they left. We had some nice "Sissy Time" After she left I fixed dinner, Shake-n-bake Pork Chops, corn, peas, and cabbage. Then I sat down and made my 3 blocks for my Claudia's Quilt Shoppe January BOM. I needed to make 3 of the same block, just out of scraps. I think this quilt be a great use of my scrap bag.

The boys start back to school tomorrow and I have to run in to town in the morning, but hopefully after that I can get started on my January Celestial Migraine BOM. I only need to make two of those so that should be too bad. Then on to something else.
Kristie


9 comments:

Unknown said...

As I said in a previous comment you are ALWAYS doing something. I wish I had half of the energy you seem to have.

Unknown said...

I forgot... I wish you and your family a very happy new year.

Amelia said...

As usual you were busy today.

Question? who is Donnie and Peanut?

I like when you mention what you cooked for supper...gives me an idea as what to cook for us. I do fix shake and bake pork chops quite abit. I try not to fry too much of anything.

Moneik said...

The house is really coming along! Great way to start the new year.

Cindy said...

Wow the house is really moving right along now. It's so neat to see the progress this must be such an exciting time for you watching your home be built.

Jen said...

Wow, lots of progress today! I'm glad you did get some sewing time in. One of these days I'll get back on that Celestial Migraine but it's kind of on the bottom of my list at the moment.

Michelle said...

Thank you for posting pictures of the house project. I am enjoying seeing them. Looks like they got quite a bit done, and it is moving right along. I bet the more they get done, the more anxious you get!

Michelle said...

I love your block!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I love seeing the pictures of the house, too! And the block looks great! I am glad that you got some sewing in!