Monday, January 28, 2008

Featured Quilt Of The Week ~ 4

Here is another quilt that I made a couple of years ago. This quilt was made for a man that my mom worked with. His wife had been very sick and he wanted to have her a special quilt made.

The name of the quilt is "A Quilter's Snowflake" I got the pattern from a quilting magazine. My mom had the magazine at work and he asked if the quilt could be made. He said he didn't care about the price but he needed it KING size. So this quilt measures 110x110 and I had the top completely cut out and sewn together in a week. Needlesss to say he paid very well, and I was in a hurry for the money. :) The fabrics don't show very well in the photo but it is a eggplant, both fabrics have a small design in them.

My friend Sandy longarm quilted it and did the binding for $50!!! I supplied the batting and backing. I thought that a great price for a king. So from start to finish this quilt took 2 weeks. He and his wife were very pleased with the quilt. He even came back later and bought a quilt for his daughter.
Kristie

11 comments:

Amelia said...

Another outstanding quilt.

As always - the work appears to be A+....at least from the picture.

I bet it was really beautiful to see in person.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really love that quilt pattern and you always pick such pretty colors! Great job.
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

That's a pretty quilt. Great job on it!

Quilting Pirate said...

wow, just beautiful!

Michelle said...

I love it, Kristie!

Cindy said...

What a lovely quilt. Of course I haven't seen one of yours yet that I didn't love.

Jen said...

That is an awesome quilt. I bet you were said to see it go. =(

Unknown said...

Oh wow this one is a beauty.

Nancy said...

Thst's a beautiful quilt Kristie! Do you remember what magazine it was in? Done in 2 weeks, that's amazing!

Kucki68 said...

This reminded me totally of one I had made while I studied, you can find a bad photo here (the quilt is not pink but off white as a second color):

http://kucki68.blogspot.com/2007/07/summer-of-socks-start.html

Unknown said...

This quilt is awesome. You do excellent work. I just love the colors that you also choose for this quilt.