Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's Started!

Well, I could stand it no longer, I had to start another quilt! In my earlier post, I mentioned that I was thinking about it and I said the name of it was "Stairway To Heaven" well it's not, it is called "Steps To The Alter" I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, I only have the first block done.

I have made this quilt before and really liked how it turned out. I guess it is a version of a "Jacob's Ladder" But I know I really enjoyed making the other one. Here is a photo of the first one that I made. It was made a few years ago and longarm quilted.

I probably won't get anymore done on it tonight. I have to get Richard up for work in about 30 minutes, so I don't have much time. I only did a sample block, I knew the pattern was right, because it was the same one that I used before, I just wanted to make sure I wanted to do it before I cut out the whole quilt. I will need a total of 42 blocks. Hopefully, I can get more of them cut out tomorrow and start sewing them together.
Richard got a new cell phone today. See, Mom, Chantal, and us are all on the same phone plan and back a few months ago Richard's phone got damaged. Well.....actually he was on one of the horses and they both went for a swim in the lake needless to say his phone hasn't worked right since. And then yesterday after Chantal got off from work she was getting in her car, dropped it and then ran over it. Yes, I know that was a little dumb, but she is my sister and I can say that. So her phone was broke, she ran down today on her lunch and picked up two more. Now I'm not real smart when it comes to electronic things and this is Bluetooth so it is about to blow my mind. I will let Richard figure it out and then maybe he can explain it to me.
Kristie

14 comments:

dot said...

Beautiful quilt. This just might have to go onto to my to do list.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

My guess is that you were thinking about Led Zeppelin! :o) (Stairway to Heaven)
It's a stunning quilt and your colour choices are perfect. Not one block looks like it's overpowering the rest. You did a great job.

Wendy said...

That's a beautiful quilt..I'm very jealous! lol!!

Gina said...

What a great quilt. I love the first block of the new one.

Malcolm is the same with his phones. His old one has been dropped in the dog's water bowl and the oil tank of a train negine. It still works, just.

love and hugs xxx

Amelia said...

The first block turned out great and the finished quilt will be fantanstic - just like the first one.

Good luck on mastering the new phone. New technology is defintely not my best talent.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty block and quilt! Don't feel bad, I got a car transmitter for my iPod for xmas and still haven't figured out how it works yet!
Deb

Moneik said...

The quilt looks great and I'm sure you'll enjoy making this one. I have a motorola phone with bluetooth and love it. I can talk all the way home without having to touch my phone or have a cord hanging. The headpiece was one of my best christmas presents.

Norma said...

Looks like a great scrap buster and so wonderful when put together. Definately a "to do" someday.

Hazel said...

I have to agree that is one beautiful quilt .

Unknown said...

Do you plan to have this in two colors? It is a beautiful pattern.

Cindy said...

Oh I really like that quilt and it's going on my want to make someday list. I'm with you modern technology doesn't come easy to me. About the time I finally figure out my cell phone it's time to trade it in for a new one. Jen Mike and I are all on the same plan and I always have to get the same phone as theirs so they can help me out.

Carla said...

I love traditional quilt patterns so naturally think that this will be a pretty quilt. Plus you already know that you'll like it. Will it be similar colors?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt! I'm sure the second will turn out great as well.

I can relate with the cell phone issue. I had to get a new one recently because my husband didn't believe me when I said that things would fly out if he tossed me my purse from across the room.

Maureen said...

I love both the block and the finished quilt...the finished quilt is beautiful!

Okay my husband lost his cell phone and could not find it. Then a couple of days later he was at the same gas station he was in and decided to check if they had found it...well they had. Mark came home and told me that it still worked and I said are you sure someone didn't run it over. He looks at said phone and says it is just fine. He goes down the hallway to plug it in and guess what...it doesn't work..he can't get the charger to plug into the phone. Guess what...someone ran over it. Surprise to me LOL! Mark took awhile and finally got another phone...hopefully he doesn't lose this one or it breaks.