Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Oldest Baby

Just wanted to share a photo of my oldest baby, Andrew with his new Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar that he got for Christmas. And of course, you can't see it in the photo but he also got a VERY LOUD amp to go with it. He has an acoustic guitar also that he had been playing, but now he will be playing both. He is a very talented young man!

I really want to sew, but I honestly don't have the energy! I did get 3 blocks done for one of my BOM's, but that is all. If I get a burst of energy I would love to do my 2 Celestial Migraine BOM's tonight, but I just don't see that happening right now.

You all know how bad that I have been wanting SNOW here, well you can't really see it in the photo but it is starting to snow!!!!! :) Okay, don't laugh but you have to look really close down at the bottom of the photo to see it!!

Here in Eastern Kentucky they cancel school everytime that we get a tiny snow, I guess it is because of all the hills and backroads. So the boys are praying that they will cancel it. Tomorrow will be their first day back to school after Christmas break and neither one of them want to go. But what can I say, I remember wishing the samething when I was their ages.
Kristie

7 comments:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, snow wouldn't last long here, hope the boys get there day off...do they have to make it up in summer though? Tracey

Cindy said...

I listened really close and I swear I heard the guitar. I see the snow. Sure wish I could send you some of ours.

Jen said...

Wow, if they canceled school every time there was a little bit of snow we'd always have off!!

Gina said...

They do the same here. there's only got to be a light dusting and school is cancelled.
Gemma is not back until Monday so she's got a few more days of lazing around.
I thought you knew, being a rock fan, that the only thing an amp can be is loud otherwise it's no good. LOL

love and hugs xxx

Michelle said...

What a handsome man, and you should be so proud of him and his talents!

Anonymous said...

I can see the snow in the picture! Hope the boys got their wish with school cancelled. We got a good 6-8 inches here last night and all the schools in our county are open! Of course, we had 47 inches of the stuff in December so not a big deal around here. Hope santa brought you ear plugs for x-mas with the amp!
Deb (vtquilter)

Amelia said...

I bet the girls are after him full time. If not now, just wait a few years. What kind of music does he play?

I know the boys will be happy if school is out for the light snow...even though the time will probably have to be made up later on down the road...as in month of May.