Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Scraps, Scraps, and more Scraps!!!

Not alot of sewing going on today. I have been doing some much needed house cleaning. I did manage to cut some more of my scraps. I know you can't tell much progress by the photo, but I swear I did add to the stacks. The ironing is what is taking up so much time. I have this bag of scraps all ironed now and ready to finish the cutting. Out of this bag I have only cut different size squares. Out of the next bag or so I am going to cut mostly bricks and strips, but trust me that won't be anytime soon. I swear I will never let my scraps get this out of hand again!!! It is a mess! I feel like I am drowning in scraps! Now that I have spent this much time ironing and cutting them I hate to sew them together, I will probably sit and stare at them for a while.

We are all coming down with a cold. Richard came home from work, ate and went straight to bed. The kids and I have started coughing and feeling miserable. I had some antibotics that I started them all on, hopefully no one will get real sick.

I know this is a short post but I think I will go on to bed in a few minutes.
Kristie

11 comments:

Amelia said...

I feel for you and your family with having a cold. I am getting over one now...and this is the second one since Christmas.

I admire your perseverence in cutting the squares, etc. I agree the pressing/ironing takes up so much time.

Get well - so we can visit again tomorrow.

Michelle said...

I know cutting up scraps takes a long time. I did some of that before Christmas.

Why wasn't Donkey laying on them?

I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Norma said...

Those scraps get together and multiply.......they are like rabbits! LOL When you do get ready to use them, you will be really glad you took this time to cut and press them. It will be nice to just grab them and go for it.

Take care of you and the family! Had my grandson here today with cough and fever, that time of year I guess.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I recently heard a great thing for a cough is when you go to bed at night you put Vick's Vapor Rub on the bottom of your feet and then put socks on. Don't ask me why, but I heard from several people that it really keeps you from coughing all night. Take care of yourself. I'm sending you virtual chicken soup.....
Regina in MI

Moneik said...

Hope your family gets to feeling better. I can see you made a lot of progress. It takes a lot of time to cut up scraps, but I'm sure you'll make a great quilt.

Unknown said...

Well you've certainly made more progress on the scraps than I did. Sorry to hear none of you are feeling well, do hope it doesn't take hold.

Jen said...

Yikes, you're going to freak when I start going through my scraps. mine are insane.

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
Looks like you cut a lot of fabric, the stacks are a lot bigger than your last picture. Hope everyone starts feeling better soon... lots of rest and liquids and medicine! I feel the start of a cold coming on too....
Deb (vtquilter)

teresa said...

Sorry you are not feeling good , hopefully the cold won't last very long and you will be back quilting away! I also agree with the pressing/ironing taking up so much precious time! But it's worth it.

Wendy said...

Isn't it nice to feel so organized, your scraps will be ready when you are.

Donkey is a cute kitty.

Unknown said...

You have been busy, the stash looks great this way :)