Saturday, January 5, 2008

Coloring Book Caddy's

Today I made 2 of these "Coloring Book Caddy's" for my niece and nephew. I didn't notice until after I loaded the photo on, but Hunter has taken some of the crayons out. This one is for Zeph, he is 18mths. and I put the Jumbo crayons in his. Madison's is out of the same fabric except hers is red were this has navy. I added a jumbo coloring book and a box of crayons to each bag. I think I will give them next weekend when we celebrate Christmas at Mom's. I have them a toy each, but this will be a little something extra.

This evening, I have every opportunity to sew in "PEACE" and I am just too restless to concentrate on anything. Isn't that the way it goes? It's only 6:30pm so maybe I will find something to do later.

Today is my big brother's 40th birthday. I called him earlier to wish him a happy birthday and to crack a few "age jokes" I am 35 and he tell everyone that I am older than he is. So we had a nice little phone conversation.
Kristie

9 comments:

Amelia said...

That caddy is so cute. I may have to make one for Grandson Max.

I used that fabric as part of the fabric I used when I made him two baby quilts (before he was born). Holly wanted those primary colors instead of using the normal pinks and blues.

Hazel said...

Your caddy is so cute I'm sure their mom will appreciate it ,its nice to have everything in one place ,yet very convenient to take along if they go out .

Maureen said...

The coloring book caddy is cute...where did you find the pattern? My niece and nephew would love that!

Maureen

Jenni said...

Very cool present.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That caddy is a great idea, similar to the pencil roll. Another idea to store in the back of brain! Tracey

Unknown said...

It is such a great idea these caddies you are making and you whip them up in no time.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Is this from a pattern or have you come up with these on your own???

Cindy said...

I'll have to look around for some little kids to make that for I just love the whole idea of it.

Jen said...

That is SOOO cute!!! I thought of one little addition. Kids are clutzy...what about making a little flap to velcro over the crayons? Now with your embroidery machine you could EMBROIDER on that flap!!!! =)